Side Quest

Old Oct 12 '17, 3:59am
Child of the Moon

Side Quest

Side Quest - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e
Estimated Members Requested: 10

Game Stuff
I will be accepting Applications until I reach 10 people but the "game" itself will start for accepted individuals as they are ready seeing as this doesn't have to be a group effort adventure.
This is a mix between a home brew and a free form style game. I will not be requiring a full character sheet for that reason, but you are free to make a full one if you would like.
~A minimum posting rate of once within 4 days is required. There is no maximum limit~

What the heck is this?
Hello! Thanks for the interest in the game!

The entire premise of the game is to live your life in a medieval fantasy time. That's it! This game will have no heavy adventuring. The story will be tailored to each person and how they live their life. Now traveling is allowed but the idea is that you are a “normal” person just doing whatever it is that they would be doing. I wouldn’t mind if you all of a sudden decide to become an adventurer but it kinda strays from the idea of this game. Think of The Sims, Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon for reference.

Now you may be asking “If I’m not adventuring what am I supposed to be doing?” Great question! The possibilities are endless! Perhaps you are starting at the bottom of the food chain in the town guard and you are working on becoming captain. You could be the best blacksmith in all of Donestead. Maybe you are a town merchant or you travel in a caravan around the kingdom. You could own a simple farm or the largest in the valley! Maybe you want to be a crime lord who slowly takes over the town. You can take a wife or husband and create a family through birth or adoption. You can sell your wares, manage your home, and deal with everyday things that occur.

Now to clarify there will be drama and story to break up the stagnant life, but not so much so that you don armor, a sword, and fight dragons. It could be big things like plague, wolf packs killing livestock, and drought. Or less town spread things like you having a child, discovering you have an admirer, or that one of your crops have become massive.

Also I'm totally cool if you'd like to use this setting to experiment with a characters background to then transfer to a new game. Just let me know if that is what you would like to do.

Game Description:

In the outskirts of a small kingdom, named Donestead, lies a small town, named Bromead. This town is pretty average and merely serves as a main gathering point for many of the surrounding farms. It also lies just off the main trade route from the west. While caravans do pass through Bromead is not a hub of activity. The only things going for this town are its rich fertile land, that the king has good claim on, and itís position on the kingdom's border. Because of itís position there are many a traveler and adventurer who pass through as they make their way to the heart of Donestead. These are the unremarkable tales of those who live in Bromead and appear to be nothing more than a side quest.

Last edited by Moonkai; Oct 12 '17 at 4:07am..
I'm not gonna lie, but I have a series itching to play either a Dwarf or Gnome Bureaucrat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maester1216 View Post
I'm not gonna lie, but I have a series itching to play either a Dwarf or Gnome Bureaucrat...
Go for it my dude.

I think i have an idea. Would it be alowed if i was still young and worked with my parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemyster View Post
I think i have an idea. Would it be alowed if i was still young and worked with my parents?
Yes that would be fine as long as you don't mind me "acting" as your parents. Also give me a good look into her parent's personalities/ beliefs so that I can "play" them as accurate as possible for you.

I have always wanted to play a Tabaxi who's the charming type of rogue. Well, probably more like Bard because he would be good at dancing. And he would be too honorable to do that backstabbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Kato View Post
I have always wanted to play a Tabaxi who's the charming type of rogue. Well, probably more like Bard because he would be good at dancing. And he would be too honorable to do that backstabbing.
I'm not finding an official stat creation page for Tabaxi in 5e but I am more than willing to work with you to let you play as your desired race. (If there is official 5e stuff somewhere please correct me)

They're in Volo's Guide to Races. But yeah, I am having a hard time finding a stat listing for them online as well. It seems like everything else from Volo's Guide, and even a few things from a future Volo's Guide, can be found online.

I completely forgot Volo's existed. I found a PDF for Volo's guide. It has Tabaxi's character guidelines. So you have an all clear on playing a Tabaxi. I'll PM you the link if you need the PDF.

Update: I will be making a decision on the finished applications by (hopefully) this Sunday 10/15. If you have not finished or are still tweaking it fear not! Applications will remain open until I have 10 people, which means they could be open forever haha. For those of you that are finished your little slice of life will start if chosen so be ready!