Can I use... UA/Third Party/Homebrew... - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Can I use... UA/Third Party/Homebrew...

Trying to work out how I can make a glaive using warlock work with my ability scores, and I think I've found a way after finding the Hexblade subclass from Xanathar's guide to Everything, but just need to clarify a couple of things.

1) Is your reading the same as mine in that a Hexblade with a blade pact can use "hex warrior" with a two-handed heavy weapon, provided that it is also his pact weapon?

2) You mentioned that Warlock's in your campaign setting are not necessarily evil. I've already got an idea for a backstory for Aegis's patron. Is it okay for me to re-fluff the patron aspect of hexblade somewhat to remove the ominous overtones, so that the patron weapon is actually (at least apparently) a morally positive entity and something more akin to something found in a fantasy realm / among the fey?

3) Related to the previous question, and just to setting in general, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to the feywilds in your setting and it seems that elves in general tend to simply live among the other races. Regarding the eladrin in particular, would it be appropriate for them to live amongst the fey, or should I dial that back and have them live amongst other more mortal species. If the latter, what would be an appropriate, albiet rustic and preferably fantastical place for Aegis to be frome?

4) Also, while I'm hear, and I don't really care to delve into the mechanics of homebrewing the racial feature or anything like that, but should Aegis have two extra seasonal forms to represent harvest and storm, or would you say that the standard four are more appropriate. If the former, what would the key features of storm and harvest season be like?

1) Yes, so long as you go with Pact of the Blade, a glaive will be fine.

2) Check out this post here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthr...2#post13705632 See if any of those options match what you're looking for, I'm with a Hexblade being counted for any of those roleplaying-wise.

3) Larilly is a kingdom made up of fey, sentient beasts, and the like. There is also the "Dream" which is more or less a place similar to the Feywild. An Eladrin could definitely live in either place or among other mortals, your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemonger View Post
1) Yes, so long as you go with Pact of the Blade, a glaive will be fine.

2) Check out this post here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthr...2#post13705632 See if any of those options match what you're looking for, I'm with a Hexblade being counted for any of those roleplaying-wise.

3) Larilly is a kingdom made up of fey, sentient beasts, and the like. There is also the "Dream" which is more or less a place similar to the Feywild. An Eladrin could definitely live in either place or among other mortals, your call.
Excellent news to all of the above. Thanks Peace.

Hey, Peace, I was throwing a lot of questions at you at once (and editing questions into posts while you were reading probably) and I think I slipped one by you earlier.

Regarding the Eladrin race's seasonal moods, and the 6 season system of fairlyle, would it be better to stick to the traditional 4 season system or should I develop moods for the two new seasons, and if so, what would the climate characteristics of storm and harvest seasons be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemonger View Post
For now let's stick to the 4 seasons, and can look at the other two potentially later.
Roger Dodger. Works for me

So the more I wrote for Kivo, the more I realized he felt like a Warlock, bound to and drawing power from a nature spirit. But the Archfey doesn't capture the flavor or mechanics of what I want to do, and I wasn't entirely satisfied with any of the homebrew nature warlocks I found. Then I remembered this Shaman class - basically it's a different theme built on the Warlock chassis.

Changing classes won't affect Kivo's backstory at this point, and he still works as a Druid, so no rush - just let me know what you think when you get the chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoRomancer View Post
So the more I wrote for Kivo, the more I realized he felt like a Warlock, bound to and drawing power from a nature spirit. But the Archfey doesn't capture the flavor or mechanics of what I want to do, and I wasn't entirely satisfied with any of the homebrew nature warlocks I found. Then I remembered this Shaman class - basically it's a different theme built on the Warlock chassis.

Changing classes won't affect Kivo's backstory at this point, and he still works as a Druid, so no rush - just let me know what you think when you get the chance!
After reviewing it the Shaman class looks fine.

Just realized the Shaman document doesn't mention its creator/source. Vagar is their Reddit username.