Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Is there a size difference between you and the badies? If there is: consider a way to mitigate it (there is a trait to ignore size when using a firearm).

Also, are any of them fear-immune?

RG - I mostly use a rod of subtle menace that makes me always count as larger then them so that's covered. Granted as a weapon it's kind of 'meh' so I should probably have it further enhanced when I get the chance.

I've at least encountered two types but I cant recall the names on the spot unfortunately. Worse case if they're not immune by entry not everything is simply as it's written and can be customized, ie - if gm says its immune to fear then I wont argue but I can at least make use of that info with my insane monster lore checks so others dont waste their breath.

On another note, does the greater bane effect produce a +4 enhancement modifier on top of the dice like how regular bane does +2?

Originally Posted by Lothmar View Post
Anyone know any items or feats that can help me out for getting pass the immunity?
These tend to be pretty rare because a) they're powerful and b) they're awful game design. They can mostly be found in bad homebrew/3rd party, though I think there are a few options knocking about. Off the top of my head I can only think of the 3.5 Dread Witch, though, and the Mesmerist (and I'd need to double-check the wording on that) - no feats or items.

In Pathfinder, if I cast Dazzling Blade on my sword, do I still get a bonus to Disarm if I make the check with a whip instead of the sword?

Dazzling Blade only affect the weapon that received the effect of dazzling your other weapons don't get the bonus.

Originally Posted by Shozurei View Post
In Pathfinder, if I cast Dazzling Blade on my sword, do I still get a bonus to Disarm if I make the check with a whip instead of the sword?
Dazzling blade makes a weapon appear dazzlingly shiny, as if crafted from pure silver and heavily polished. In combat, the flashing movements of a dazzling blade become almost hypnotic.

* The wielder of a weapon under the effects of dazzling blade gains a +1 competence bonus on all Bluff checks made to feint in combat. (any/all bluff checks to feint)

* The wielder also gains a +1 competence bonus on all CMB checks made to disarm a foe (this would apply to your whip as well if you were wielding both)

* and a +1 competence bonus to his CMD against disarm attempts made against the weapon bearing the dazzling blade effect. This bonus increases by +1 for every 3 caster levels, to a maximum bonus of +5 at 12th level. (this affects only the weapon the spell is cast on)

The wielder of a dazzling blade can discharge the spell into a blinding burst of silvery light as a free action. The wielder selects an adjacent opponent as the focal point of this burst of light—that creature must make a Will save to avoid being blinded for 1 round (with a successful save, the creature is instead dazzled for 1 round). (nothing to say here)

Despite its shiny appearance, a dazzling blade grants no extra benefit against creatures that are vulnerable to silver.

So what I gather is that I do get the bonus if using the whip as long as I'm wielding it as the same time as the sword. Otherwise I do not. Thanks.