Greetings from the Happy Harbinger! - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Greetings from the Happy Harbinger!

Greetings from the Happy Harbinger!

Salutations!
I’m new to Myth-Weavers but not to gaming, or play by post.
I’ve been a gamer off and on for about thirty years, and have played or run just about everything in that time at least once. As a GM/Storyteller, I specialized in D&D 3.5 and World of Darkness games, but I thoroughly enjoy gaming as a whole and am willing and able to branch out. I prefer a deep role playing experience and my own run style minimizes rolls in favor of play.
I’m glad to be here, and hope to see some of you on the board.

Welcome, @DyreRaven, to Myth-Weavers!

First of all, here's a link to our New to Play by Post thread, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful, including how our dice code works. We do things a touch differently than other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Games and Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

We call folks from our gamer age bracket middle-age-timers, unless you hearken back to 1st. I can't make that claim (though I had a 1e Dragonlance book that was rather confusing next to me 2e PHB).

I did play 1st ed one time when I was quite young, but since I really started playing with 2nd ed ad&d, I guess I qualify!