Movies of 2012 - Page 11 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

Loki wasn't the villain. You weren't seeing this for "avengers take down loki," you see it because you want to see the avengers do awesomeness with personality conflicts and epic fights. The reason to see the avengers the movie is to see "The Avengers" and not "Good guy defeat bad guy, but with 6 good guys."

To be honest, I thought part of the point was that Loki got himself in ridiculously over his head. He's there to stir up a hell of a lot of trouble, by unleashing something on Earth that he has no control over and being unable to clinch the victory over the Avengers. Judging by the way the Chitauri leader treated him in their mental pow-wow, they don't have a ton of respect for him either.

I could see them going the antihero route with Loki eventually. He's more of a lost soul than an evil tyrant, looking for a purpose since his brother so thoroughly dethroned him. (IMO, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkon View Post
Loki was a good guy in the Norse myths.
Except for the whole killing Baldr thing...

Just stepped out of the Amazing Spiderman. Pretty good movie overall. I think this Peter Parker definitely did a great job of being a good awkward teenager and had the smart/nerd aspect down pretty well.

I also liked Gwen Stacy a lot, though I never had a problem with Mary Jane. Gwen is a smart science girl; MJ is the popular actress and the girl everyone wants to have (albeit with a messed up family). I dunno...I really liked them both and thought they were just two different women with different aspirations. MJ wasn't intelligent per se, but she was very good at what she wanted to be, and within, a great person. Not everyone's made to be a scientist, and that's not a bad thing Gwen is more like Peter, and MJ is more of an 'opposites attract' sort of person. Hammie has personally never been attracted to women similar to him (which is why SenoraHammie is not a username on the Weave ) so he could be biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfist View Post
I didn't quite get that vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
I didn't quite get that vibe.
Gonna have to completely disagree. Here's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkon View Post
Loki was a good guy in the Norse myths.
Loki was a trickster in Norse myths. He was as much a hero as he was a villain, and after he killed Baldr he pretty much went straight villain.

I'll apparently have to analyze that scene when I inevitably see it again Hammie, I didn't note those details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
I'll apparently have to analyze that scene when I inevitably see it again Hammie, I didn't note those details.
Most people don't.

For some reason Hammie was a real geek today! I promise I did other things, kissed my wife, did aerobics, cooked a mean salmon fillet, smiled, and did not act like Comic Book Guy for 99.99% of the past 24 hours.