Notices

DM Greaek's Keep on the Shadowfell Recruitment

Old Mar 11 '18, 3:17am
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
DM Greaek's Keep on the Shadowfell Recruitment

DM Greaek's Keep on the Shadowfell - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e - Forgotten Realms 4e

Playing the adventure path for probably the most hated edition of DnD. This is my first time DMing 4th edition (Other than a quick one shot, which was pretty crappy). Ok with both new and old players, hopefully, some old to help me with rules.

You are known as rune warriors. Each of you was born with a runic birthmark
somewhere on your bodies. The runes are believed to be marks of the gods or the fates,
and under ancient Imperial Law, it was required that the runeborn be given into the care
of the Order of the Rune. The Empire is gone now, but the Order still seeks out the
runeborn.
You are members of a balatek. You were raised together, trained together, and prepared
against the day when you would journey forth into the world and use your unique gifts
and talents to fulfill the Order’s mission.
Historically, the Order’s mission has been to “help the common people”. But since the
Empire’s fall, the Order has been forced to find many different patrons throughout the
world. (To a large extent, the Order has fragmented just like the remnants of the Empire
have fragmented.)
Which is why, as a young balatek, you find yourselves seeking Winterhaven – a tiny
village on the edge of civilization. The last heir of a minor noble family has died. The
heir’s great-uncle, Sir Caliban, was a knight banished for transgressions of the chivalric
code. Mystic divinations indicate that the knight’s son – the current heir of the noble
house – lives in Winterhaven.
You traveled more than a thousand leagues, but your journey had only just begun: It took
you many months of questioning, in city after city and village after village, before you
finally found someone who knew of the village of Winterhaven. They described the
village as “lying in the shadow of the Cairngorms”. The ancient and (as you discovered)
wildly inaccurate maps the Order had given you indicated that the Cairngorm Peaks lay
even further to the west.
Now, at last, you are drawing near to your goal: You are on the King’s Road (although
there has been no king in these parts in living memory), traveling west towards
Winterhaven.

The wind in your face is cool and comfortable. The road beneath
your feet is level. An occasional ancient cobblestone peeks
through the dirt road, indicating decades of neglect. You notice
footprints leading up and down the road, many of which were
made by small, clawed feet.

Character Creation: Roll 4d6 drop the lowest 6 times for the ability scores, if you are not satisfied either reroll and keep that one, or use 22 pt buy. all official WotC are allowed, online rules are easily found if need be.
Writing Samples
1. You arrive to your home village and find it burning down, what do you do
2. Make a Dramatic speech to another Character and walk away
3. A doppelganger disguised himself as someone close to you, what do you do

Game Description:

Playing through WotC's 4e AP series, what else is to be said.

Last edited by Greaek Strong; Mar 11 '18 at 2:53pm..
You know, it's been a long time since I've played D&D 4e, and frankly I remember having a blast with it. I think I'll put up an application sometime in the near future, for old time's sake!