Adventures in Exandria: Looking for one more member

Old Mar 14 '18, 4:05pm
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Adventures in Exandria: Looking for one more member

Not Vox Machina: Adventures in Exandria - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

So.

Our young team of adventurers have lost a few members due to the dreaded beasts known as "RL" and "Other Commitments".

While the team is fairly rounded, one more member who can effectively deal with the undead and perhaps do some healing would be a nice fit.

If you have a character concept that can fit the bill then please go HERE for information on how to build your character and then go HERE to create an entry for your application.

Applications are due on March 21st.

If you have any questions about the application process or the game please go HERE.

Game Description:

Itís been five years since Vox Machina participated in the Seige on Vasselheim. Since then the members of VM have been either dealing with extra-planar threats, assumed responsibilities of leadership or in same cases simply retired.

However the dangers of Tal Dorei still exist and are growing. All around Whitestone and the Parchwood forest, more and more undead creatures show up every day. While Emon has mostly recovered from the destruction from the Cinder King, a struggling government is dealing with an increase of activity from the Clasp and have turned a blind eye to some of the practitioners of dark magic. And deep within the city of Emon, an elemental scar of fire still smolders and burns; endangering the entire Cloud Top district.

Percival Fredrickstein Von Musel Klossowski de Rolo III has started recruiting talented members of various factions from across Tal'Dorei and Exandria to form a new team of adventurers who can step up to the challenge.

Itís time for the next group of heroes to step up and save the world. And possibly eat a lot of chicken.

How do you want to do this?

Last edited by Gumboy; Mar 14 '18 at 4:33pm..
I'd be interested in filling in as either Cleric or Paladin, both roles are interesting. However, I am not familiar with the Tal'Dorei setting and haven't watched the adventure of Critical Role... would that be alright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltar View Post
I'd be interested in filling in as either Cleric or Paladin, both roles are interesting. However, I am not familiar with the Tal'Dorei setting and haven't watched the adventure of Critical Role... would that be alright?
One or two of our current players have had no background with Critical Role and were accepted, so I'd say you are fine.

@ByronDnD - You may but I would recommend changing the backstory and his current setup to be better situated with dealing with undead, etc. I will move his application out of archive today.
@Guardian Angel Haruki - Of course!

I'll take a look through the forum this weekend, and see if any characters jump out at me. I do have a question though, could you better describe what you mean by "deal with the undead"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortive View Post
I'll take a look through the forum this weekend, and see if any characters jump out at me. I do have a question though, could you better describe what you mean by "deal with the undead"?
Certain classes have unique abilities that give them advantage over the undead. For example: Clerics and Paladins can channel divinity and turn them. Warlocks and Sorcerers can have a celestial as the source of their power. The fighter class has the monster hunter specialization which allows them to... hunt monsters.

In short: We're going to need someone whose class and skills can handle the undead.