Notices

Stepping out of the light...

Old Mar 22 '18, 10:40am
Vengeance Incarnate

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Stepping out of the light...

Into the Shadows - Forum
Shadowrun

...and into the Shadows. This is going to be a 4A Shadowrun game geared towards the low powered end of things. Players will take the roles of characters who are just taking their first steps into the shadowy underworld of the Sixth World. You are not playing trained and experienced Runners, but people who want to become Runners. There will be a heavy emphasis on social interaction and roleplaying over crunch and mechanics. This is my first time GMing Shadowrun and I'd like to keep it as light and quick paced as I can.

I'm looking for 4-5 players who can keep up a post rate of at least a few times a week, preferably more. Newbie players are welcome. All the character generation details are located in the applicable thread in the game forum.

Game Description:

Everyone's gota start somewhere. You think all those legendary Runners out there just popped out from between their mama's legs with a gun in each hand and a mind to cause mischief? Hell no, they started off just the same as everyone else omae, as complete nobodies. Do you think ol' FastJack new know to slice through the nastiest of IC and do some real wiz shit on the net the first time he ever logged on? Nope. Oh sure it's easier for some; money, security, a good teacher, or just plain old luck and you've gota better than average chance of making it farther faster. The luck is the real kicker. Been lots of poor sods out there over the years with plenty of smarts and determination that never make it past their first run because they get geeked by a lucky shot.

Some do it for prestige, others for the sheer thrill of it. Most do it for the money though. Cold hard nuyen. It's what makes the world go round. It's what makes nobodies into sombodies; what makes sane normal people risk their hoops doing some seriously illegal drek. Everyone's got their reasons, however noble, selfish or even the reverse of that as they might be. The only thing that really matters though, do you have what it takes to not just survive, but also thrive?

I guess we're going to find out. Welcome to the shadows omae.

While I do have the 5E core book, I am much more familiar with 4E. As I understand it, the only real differences in the rules are with character gen, and Matrix combat/hacking. You can use Chummer to get around char gen, and then just avoid being a hacker or technomancer I guess if you really wanted to play.

How long will you be accepting applications? I'd like to apply but I may not be able to submit a character until Easter weekend.

Depends on how many applications I get and how fast I get them. if I get a lot of apps very quickly, I'm liable to wrap things up quicker. As a rough estimate, I would say I'll be giving people a week or two to get things ready.

If I can figure out what I did with my Shadowrun stuff I'd be willing to try a session. IDK where they came from or where they went at this point, but It seemed like a fun system to try playing. Course, that's if I can find something in the mess I call a home. :P

Hi there, i'd love to join this group if you'd have me. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm a newbie but I'd be willing to dedicate time to learning the rules and getting up to speed. I love shadowrun and have played the video games that were out a few years back so I understand the world. Plus i'm a programmer by trade

Casual bump after the sever outages!

New players are, of course, welcome. Once I've completed my character I'll happily move on to helping others with theirs. There's still plenty of roles in a Shadowrun team that we don't have filled, so plenty of time and space for new applicants, experienced or new!

Indeed, there is still plenty of room. I am even entertaining the idea of accepting running apps as the game goes