Fireball - Autumn - Page 9 - Myth-Weavers

Fireball - Autumn

Calder Sten

Neutral Good, Male, Half Elf, Sorcerer - Urban Bounty Hunter

"Makes sense to me Hild. Did we happen to get a direction of travel on the nimblewright after the fire storm hit the market? I would say if we did, then once we check out Trollskull Alley, we move in the direction it was last seen running. Besides, I would love to spend some time studying this item that Martem found."

Sahil is met by a messenger and after scanning the note he gives the boy a nib and a reply for the sender. "Tell him I'm on my way." Turning to you Sahil shrugs, "Lord's Alliance business. If I can use your help I'll send word, but better not wait for me. This hasn't been of much use to me, you'd better hang on to it." He removes the strange rod and ammunition you took from the dark elf and hands it over.

You return to Trollskull Manor where you can discuss your search in more detail, and allow Calder to have a proper look at the necklace. Activity in the alley is higher than usual as word of the blast has spread throughout the city by now. The curious, and concerned, have come to learn what they can first hand.

Frewn's Brews is enjoying the benefits of such a crowd but it pales in comparison to your bustling tavern. The staff at the Trollskull are being kept on their toes and whatever concerns there were about rats in the cellar have been put aside to handle the influx.

Two familiar faces greet you from the porch as you approach the tavern - a halfling that some of you recognize as Bree, and a human known to some of you as Quinn. It seems that recent events have drawn familiar faces back to you.

Bree Three-Hands
Chaotic Neutral, Female Lightfoot Halfling Rogue
Passive Insight: 12 | Passive Investigation: 11 | Passive Perception: 14

AC: 15 | Initiative: +3 | Speed: 25 ft.
HP: 21/21

"Well... if it isn't some of my favorite bounty hunters... and someone else. Heard you could use some help."

The rather cheeky halfling in tight-fitting dark clothes has several bandoliers with a plethora of pouches, some shortsword and rapier that appears to have a light green hilt replete with scabbard.

She scratches her head, adjusting the do-rag.

"What's the skinny? Who's the mark? Got any gold on 'em? Love me that gold... or weapons like Shirley here."

She pats the rapier.

Hild

CG, Female Human Rogue Scout

Hild nods to Bree, having run into her once or twice on earlier jobs. "Good to see you're not in jail yet. We might could use a bit of help, yeah."

Hild nods a greeting to Quinn as well.

Quinn
Neutral Good, Male Human Life Cleric
Character Sheet
Character Logs
HP: 9/9 AC: 18 SS:lvl 1: 2/2 Spell DC: 13 Status: none
You are an able physician, allowing you to mend wounds quickly and get your allies back in the fight. You gain the following benefits:

When you use a healer's kit to stabilize a dying creature, that creature also regains 1 hit point.
As an action, you can spend one use of a healer's kit to tend to a creature and restore 1d6 + 4 hit points to it, plus additional hit points equal to the creature's maximum number of Hit Dice. The creature can't regain hit points from this feat again until it finishes a short or long rest.
Healer Healing Feat
Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore HP, the creature regains additional HP equal to 2 + the spellís level.
Disciple of Life

A young man of average size, slightly on the skinny side, stands at the entrance trying to look occupied. He is clad in a rather clean looking robe, hiding the armor he is wearing underneath. An amulet hangs around his neck and a shield on his back.

As the group approaches, he quickly looks towards the ground, his eyes darting back and forth as if looking for an exit. He takes a deep breath as they begin to talk.

Ummm... hello, I'm not sure if you remember me. Quinn... We have gotten some injured back at the temple and my elders thought it may be a good idea to see what is going on. I heard of the explosion. He finally looks up at their faces and stammers. Is there anything I can do to help?

Calder Sten

Neutral Good, Male, Half Elf, Sorcerer - Urban Bounty Hunter

"AFTER we check the wanted list out at the local constables office that is. Eh Hild. Have to make sure that Bree's name isn't on it. Wouldn't want to pass up an easy bounty." Calder says with a smile.

Turning his attention towards Quinn, "Well met Quinn. Your face looks familiar but I can't quit place it. But I'm sure when I'm in a deep sleep it will come to me and I'll wake up yelling 'I remember now'. As far as help goes, we could but it will be tedious and most likely boring." Looking over towards Bree and then Quinn, "If your both willing, let's go inside, have some food and drinks and we'll explain what we need in more depth. But first, how are your tracking and people skills?"

Without waiting, Calder makes his way inside and heads to his room. Anxious to study the necklace in greater detail he calls back over his shoulder, "Give me about an hour or so and I'll rejoin you."

OOCLet me know if you need a roll PK or if the short rest will suffice

Hild

CG, Female Human Rogue Scout

Hild joins them as they enter. While Calder investigates the necklace, Hild provides a brief summary of what has occurred recently, bringing them up to speed.

”so, we helped find a missing man named Floon, and got this old manor as payment. Apparently there is a gang war going on between the Zhentarim, or one branch of it, and the Xanathar Guild. And a lot of this activity is taking place in the sewers. Anyway, this morning, someone set off a fireball or something outside our manor here. Apparently several Zhents were pursuing a fleeing gnome, but then someone else threw a fireball and killed them all, as well as a bunch of innocents. We think the thrower might be a nimblewright, a small clockwork construct in the shape of a person, who fled across the roofs. We checked with the Temple of Gond and confirmed there is a rogue nimblewright. This doodad is supposed to help us find him.”

Hild looks to Calder and Naja. ”Did I forget anything?”

Quinn
Neutral Good, Male Human Life Cleric
Character Sheet
Character Logs
HP: 9/9 AC: 18 SS:lvl 1: 2/2 Spell DC: 13 Status: none
You are an able physician, allowing you to mend wounds quickly and get your allies back in the fight. You gain the following benefits:

When you use a healer's kit to stabilize a dying creature, that creature also regains 1 hit point.
As an action, you can spend one use of a healer's kit to tend to a creature and restore 1d6 + 4 hit points to it, plus additional hit points equal to the creature's maximum number of Hit Dice. The creature can't regain hit points from this feat again until it finishes a short or long rest.
Healer Healing Feat
Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore HP, the creature regains additional HP equal to 2 + the spellís level.
Disciple of Life

Quinn begins to answer Calder's question but is flummoxed when he brushes right past him into the tavern. As Hild begins to tell the story, he follows behind trying to take a few notes as he listens. He is horrified at the loss of innocent life. Zhentarim... Xanathar Guild... this sounds like some kind of underground political fight? he says in almost a whisper. I don't want to get involved in their issues but I can't let the townsfolk suffer...

You retreat inside where Bree and Quinn get a look at the living quarters of the manor, which is situated above the tavern that occupies the first floor. It's been recently refurbished and tastefully appointed. Calder seeks solace in the library where he can examine the necklace they were given. Meanwhile, in the lounge, the rest of you get up to speed with the current situation.

An hour later Calder emerges with the following information: the beads on the necklace can be plucked and hurled and when it reaches the end of its trajectory, the bead detonates. This appears to be the murder weapon. There are still two beads on the necklace that can be employed in a similar manor.

OOCShall I assume the search as suggested by Hild?
Quote:
start at Trollskull Alley, maybe spiraling out from there.

Bree Three-Hands
Chaotic Neutral, Female Lightfoot Halfling Rogue
Passive Insight: 12 | Passive Investigation: 11 | Passive Perception: 14

AC: 15 | Initiative: +3 | Speed: 25 ft.
HP: 21/21

"Nice digs. Not a bad payday for finding some missing punk. Still... doesn't have as pleasant a ring to it. Now then, where's my room?"

Bree checks out the place, eventually rejoining the others in the lounge for information, food and drink.

"...a bunch of stinky sewer gangs are killing each other, and clock people have learned how to kill people with fire, killing a gnome and two tails. It's murder in shorty land all over again."

"You recognize the gnome or figure out how to work that doodad yet?"

She takes a drink, then listens to Calder's findings.

"So... whatcha gonna do with those, then?" she asks, eyeing the fiery beads of death. "I know plenty of people that'd pay handsomely for those."