Notices

Lost Mines of Phandelver--With a Twist!

Old May 7 '19, 8:42am
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Lost Mines of Phandelver--With a Twist!

Lost Mines of Phandelver - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

It is the year 103. The War of the Elder Gods has been over for a century, and the 4 Chosen who slew the 5-headed God have now passed into the Afterlife, with much wailing and the gnashing of teeth.
But that would be hundreds of miles away. Not many care about the celebrations in the land of Rakaelia, where if you step foot out of the walled cities, there is a very high chance of your brains being bitten out by a wandering undead, or a Yuan-Ti selling you into slavery!
Nonetheless, this is where our story begins...

One early morning in Baram, you awake to a hard knocking at the door.
After opening it, you find a rather large package, followed with a tag--
The LetterGreetings!
Consider this an opening gift--for you to use!
It's yours for now--and it will be yours forever if you meet me at:

THE FIRELIGHT GROVE TAVERN AND INN
225 EAST PARK ROAD
BARAM, RAKAELIA

Be sure to prepare for an adventure. No weirdos. Weirdos especially.
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT ARRIVE, THE WEAPON WILL DISAPPEAR IN 1 MONTH.

Well, this seems interesting.
But who sent the letter?
Why was it sent to you?
All of these questions will be answered in...

MERCS IN A MERC'D LAND: LOST MINES OF PHANDELVER!

Hi guys. It's my first time doing something like this. I'm looking for 5 or 6 guys and gals for a play by post campaign which will have a feel of Testosterone Anime (Jojo, Fist of the North Star), interesting Sci-Fi and Fantasy (Samurai Jack, Teen Titans), and even hints of some weird stuff (Discworld, Starship Titanic, and even Adventure Time.)

I'm going to do what's reccommended for new games and campaign settings--I will start with Lost Mines of Phandelver, and, afterwards, see what we have developed and created and go from there. While I do expect roleplay and interesting ideas, I won't stress too much--this is a game, after all, and I want everybody to have fun.

If you like it, be sure to post an application. I'm excited to see what y'all will make!

Game Description:

A beardless dwarf and a man with a weird hat have given you magical weapons and armor, and they're yours if you complete their mission...

Last edited by Cool Beans; May 7 '19 at 3:12pm..
Definitely interested, have lots of time on my hands... but I've never played 5e before. I've got a lot of experience with 3.5 and Pathfinder, but is it okay I'm a total novice to this edition?

I would be interested in joining. I've been playing 5e for about 8 months and have been DMing my own homebrew for about as long. Haven't been able to play in a while.

If you're new, it's ok. I can help you with some of the iffy stuff, and I mostly do a MacElroy style of DnD--I'm no rules lawyer.

New to this site, but not new to Roleplaying games or play-by-post, and definitely interested in giving this a try. With my current availability, could guarantee 2-4 posts a week at a minimum.

Being said, I am relatively new to 5e but am a quick study and would just need to find access to materials. What would the character creation guidelines be, or will that be handled once your group players are selected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf View Post
There’s a character creation thread, click on the link to the forum in the upper right.
Ah, found it. Thank you