This week in video games... - Page 704 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Trying to make a monk character in Tyranny, but all of the info/guides are horribly out of date.

You did get the MMO Neverwinter game which I believe had 4e elements in it. I played it for a bit but eventually got tired of the MMO grind. Honestly though, I didn't like the 4e ruleset for tabletop but I found it rather intuitive in that game (or whatever version we got in that game).

Someone should really make a STALKER MMO. Like, aside from something like the old west there really is no better place to place a MMO if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
I think it's pretty safe to say that D&D, as a video game brand, has been horribly mismanaged.
Yeah, but at least we got D&D-inspired games that have made a positive impact, such as the Baldur's Gate series, Planescape and PoE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPQ_Purple View Post
Someone should really make a STALKER MMO. Like, aside from something like the old west there really is no better place to place a MMO if you ask me.
They did, it's called Arma 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
They did, it's called Arma 2.
I have not played it, but from what I know about the series I am pretty sure it's not about collecting quasi magical radioactive artifacts in the forsaken mutant infested swamps of Chernobyl.

Well, Tyranny was rather short. For anyone who has beaten it more than once, is the rebel and/or anarchy path worth playing the game again for?

I'm looking for suggestions for something to buy preferably under 40$. The only requirements being available on steam or gog. I just finished a big cyberpunk binge over the holidays and am looking for something new/different again. browsing steam and nothing has caught my eye yet. any suggestions?

Beyond Good & Evil is on GOG. Or, if you don't have it yet, NWN2 is available on GOG for a pretty good price.