Notices

Myth-Weavers Comics!

Old Oct 28 '18, 9:52pm
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Myth-Weavers Comics!

MythWeavers Comics - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds 3e

WELCOME TO MYTH-WEAVER COMICS, DEAR READER! YOUR SOURCE FOR ADVENTURE, MAYHEM, CRIME-FIGHTING, SUPERHEROICS, AND STORIES WHICH YOU CAN SHAKE A SANDWICH AT!

READ THE WEAVE!

We at Myth-Weaver Comics are trying to begin an original comics universe for the Mutants & Masterminds 3E, and we want you to help us! Be it as Gamemasters, Co-GMs, players, or just readers! What will it be?

You say a shared comics universe and campaign world, but what does that really mean?
It's Earth, generally but in the long-standing tradition of comics, new countries or the like can come to be with player or a GM suggesting its existing and helping us bring it to be by helping write it up.

What do I need to help GM?

A concept for the story you want to tell, the PL you want to run it at, and the 'level' of which you want it to be at. We'll have a GM sign-up thread to facilitate this, and the answer as to 'where' you want your campaign, or adventure, to take place in. After answering this and how long you want to open up your recruiting period, an 'applications' thread will be created for your story arc/'series'.

What do I need to play?

Read the GM Advertisements for series, write up your character, and play if you are chosen!

Can I request to have a solo campaign/series?

Yes, you can request as a player for a GM to GM you and your character, BUT you will only get priority on this if you are also GMing.

What do I get benefit wise from GMing?

Precedence on being accepted into a series/campaign over non-GMs, as a thanks for Gamemastering. This benefit only occurs up until the first time, though, if you already have an active player character you shouldn't very well get another one.

What is the PL of the campaign world?

It depends on the GM's themselves.

Do parties also have input on what their 'comic series' will be called?

Of course!

Game Description:

A superheroic shared campaign world and setting for multiple GMs and games for various Mutants & Masterminds 3E games here on Mythweavers.

Don't call it a come back!

We're trying to get our comic series back into print, but we need new writers and editors (ie GM) to start telling new stories in the exciting world of MW Comics!

Excelsior!

How do I apply as a GM?

I'd be interested in doing some 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 origin story sessions

You just did! An invite is incoming now.

I'd be interested

We're definitely still looking for new GM, so if your interested I'll send out the invite.

I've seen this ad pop up a few times now. I keep looking at it, but then I move on. So here's the thing: I got ideas. I got idea bunnies in spades. Trouble is: I don't think I'd be a very good GM. Especially in this type of setting. This is due in equal parts to 1) lack of familiarity with the system in general and 2) I guess you could call it 'lack of cohesion' or something. I don't really know how to describe it. It's some strange mix of lack of confidence, wanting to incorporate whatever strange idea pops into my head at a given time, and probably a few other things too. Having the misfortune to have every single MnM game I've been in die off after only a month or two certainly doesn't help things.

Why am I telling you this? Well, I guess I want to help you somehow. I just don't know if I could be much other than "just another player". Take what you will from that.

I'll be honest right now we need people able to verify M&M characters and run adventures.

But that doesn't mean they have to be combat, and rule heavy, monsters. Sometimes the best part of superhero stories are the quiet moments or the Worlds Greatest Detective being just that!

I've watched this pop up a few times as well, but it does seem like a lot to jump into. It seems there's a fair bit (100 or so replies for the Q&A and OoC and such?) to the world, and some people have characters, and a lot of things still seem up in the air.

At the moment I'm not looking to run a game for PL8-12 characters, and want to do something different. How would you feel about 'non-standard' games that would flesh out portions of the world not always seen? I'm thinking ~3 characters at human levels(PL6 or so), security guards, police, private eye types for one game, that may get to see a few very weak 'powered' characters, or a different game where it may be journalists digging for a scoop. The sort of game where characters take 10 minutes to be made/approved, because they aren't going to be played in multiple games through the myth-weaver universe, and are more about character than number? After a few of those, other GMs would have characters to pull from that the players/readers have seen before and have depth behind them.

I would run big adventures once I've seen how the others handle the setting, and would still help out with everything else, but thought I'd throw out my idea.

Very interested. Will have to give some thought to what role i can reliably participate in.

@mackandtack The idea is to create a comic book universe, so a Gotham Central style story wouldn't go amiss, though we'd want to keep to the general themes of players being Heroes and Anti-hero.

See if there are any players interested in such a thing and we'll go from there.