Disney Coming Soon - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Disney Coming Soon

It's too easy for me to justify streaming services - I share my Netflix and Hulu accounts with multiple family members, including my soon-to-be-college-freshman sister and sister-with-two-nephews. We get a lot of value per person from my subscriptions so long as they don't start clamping down on multiple people streaming at once. So I'll probably get the Disney+ add-on to Hulu for their sake. I'm a little disenfranchised with the idea of MCU spin-offs, but being able to stream any Disney movie at any time is pretty appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
but being able to stream any Disney movie at any time is pretty appealing.
Just wondering, have they actually said this will be possible? (And I'm not trying to be confrontational there, I'm actually curious, I haven't been following the complete details of the Disney+ service). I could actually see them only releasing some of their bigger/more iconic features on a temporary rotating basis, the same way they do with disc sales now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
It's too easy for me to justify streaming services - I share my Netflix and Hulu accounts with multiple family members, including my soon-to-be-college-freshman sister and sister-with-two-nephews. We get a lot of value per person from my subscriptions so long as they don't start clamping down on multiple people streaming at once. So I'll probably get the Disney+ add-on to Hulu for their sake. I'm a little disenfranchised with the idea of MCU spin-offs, but being able to stream any Disney movie at any time is pretty appealing.
How does Hulu compare to Netflix? We mostly watch Netflix for old TV shows and movies - not original content. Maybe Disney+Hulu would be a reasonable swap for Netflix if the price is comparable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerritt View Post
How does Hulu compare to Netflix? We mostly watch Netflix for old TV shows and movies - not original content. Maybe Disney+Hulu would be a reasonable swap for Netflix if the price is comparable.

Hulu isnt badly priced in comparison, staring at $6, but does have ads, unless you are willing to throw in some extra cash. Hulu also has the added option of adding cable premium channels like HBO, Starz, etc. I would recommend Hulu as a replacement for cable if you like watching more current TV programming. I have never been overly impressed with their movie selection, but once in a while something good pops up on there. Given Disney has majority ownership of Hulu now with the purchase of Fox, there has been some speculation of some sort of possible Disney+/Hulu/ESPN streaming bundle similar to the add ons that can currently exist. Nothing official has been given on that though at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneDesperado View Post
Hulu isnt badly priced in comparison, staring at $6, but does have ads, unless you are willing to throw in some extra cash. Hulu also has the added option of adding cable premium channels like HBO, Starz, etc. I would recommend Hulu as a replacement for cable if you like watching more current TV programming. I have never been overly impressed with their movie selection, but once in a while something good pops up on there. Given Disney has majority ownership of Hulu now with the purchase of Fox, there has been some speculation of some sort of possible Disney+/Hulu/ESPN streaming bundle similar to the add ons that can currently exist. Nothing official has been given on that though at this time.
Thanks. Sounds like I just need to wait until the details come out.

I dont believe Disney + comes out until... November? So there might be a few months to wait. In the meantime, assuming you arent "too lazy", Your words, not mine. Give Hulu the 30-day free trial? See if its even going to be something you'd be willing to invest into. Disney Plus is likely going to exist on its own. No reason to pay for a bundle, if you arent going to be using 2/3 of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigLickJF View Post
Just wondering, have they actually said this will be possible? (And I'm not trying to be confrontational there, I'm actually curious, I haven't been following the complete details of the Disney+ service). I could actually see them only releasing some of their bigger/more iconic features on a temporary rotating basis, the same way they do with disc sales now.
The first source I found is this CNet article, which specifies: "Disney Plus will be the only place you can stream all of Disney's theatrically released movies starting with Captain Marvel at launch and the rest of its 2019 slate later on. Frozen 2, for example, will be streamable on the service next summer after its theatrical release in November. Disney Plus will also house the entire film libraries of Pixar, Star Wars and its Signature Series and Disney Vault lines of classic hand-drawn animated movies. (Think Bambi, The Lion King, Snow White and so on.)" The article has more details, it should be a comprehensive read of all that we publicly know so far.

One thing to note though, is that in other interviews they've clarified it will only have G, PG and PG-13 rated content, so the R-rated fare its created and acquired (like Deadpool) will most likely end up on Hulu instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerritt View Post
I've had both since 2011, when I graduated and moved out from dormitories to my first apartment, in lieu of cable. I've found myself watching Netflix less over the years as their content is becoming more original programming centric, but for the time being I find it tends to have a better movie selection than Hulu regardless. ArcaneDesperado's summary is really good.

FWIW, I have Netflix and the add-on to allow more than two people to stream at once, plus Hulu and the commercial-free and HBO add on (I'm not sure if that'll stay after GOT ends). Before I caved for the commercial-free add on to Hulu I much preferred binging content on Netflix. I'd wait to call on switching over to Hulu/Disney exclusively until Disney+ comes out though, just to make sure there are no unexpected changes and it works as intended.

I don't know how long I would sub it for, unless they had some amazing content. The Marvel shows on Netflix don't really interest me, but I like the MCU movies. Maybe the Loki series or other movie tie ins like Wandavision might be interesting. Maybe. I'd certainly want to finish watching Star Wars Rebels and the newer Resistance series. The Mandalorian definitely. As I mentioned before, Disney+ could be coming to Switch, and that in itself is worth the price of a cup of Starbucks.

If you have not finished Rebels, you are in for a treat.
Best star wars has been since 1980

Well the price is good. (And we will get a discount, my spouse working for Disney) May even be free. They have not tied down the deal yet.

But on the other side, I do see a lot of my friends getting on the "Why should we pay for another streaming service"
And they are not always wrong.

But then again, a lot of them pay for cable also.. and I just don't get it to be honest.
Cable STARTS at $40 bucks where I'm at.
I already have Amazon Streaming service because I have Amazon prime. (I would have it anyways)
Netflix is pretty cheap.
I don't have Hulu.
And Disney is going to be like $7.99.

All of those put together (Including that Amazon prime is 25 a month) Is still about the same as cable. And honestly it's a better over all deal. And you get the benefit of Amazon prime....

The price is good on this one.
And if they simple include a few simple things like All the older Disney Cartoon shows (By older I mean both the classic 1930's-1970s) Stuff, all the feture length animated stuff and the Disney Afternoon stuff. It's honestly undervalued.

If this ends up out and out being the Archives It will be criminally undervalued. That's not even considering they own star wars, marvel and now a lot of older Fox stuff...

Honestly I don't know why Cartoon network does not have a cheaper ($5) Streaming service at this point.