@mentions and Quote Alerts - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

@mentions and Quote Alerts

SageBahamut is not the only one. I'm not Mr.Vain so getting a PM every time some one quotes me that I have to read is just a waste of time. Global mute sounds good.

EDIT: This is supposed to be feedback, not moaning. I'm glad mythweavers exists.

I think it's a cool feature, but I think separate icons for PMs and these notifications would be a good idea. In fact, I think ideally you'd have both separate icons and an option for a global mute. I want to use the feature but I'd like separate icons, and I can understand that some people would rather just turn it off completely.

(That being said, if someone has it turned off and we @mention them, is there any way for us to know they have the notification disabled? Probably not, I guess that's just the way it goes - if they don't respond you have to figure out for yourself if they're purposely ignoring you, or just have the notification turned off, lol).

@SageBahamut @Witchslasher @Gris @PigLickJF

Global mute implemented, in the same options page. It ended up being simpler than I thought. I will still want to eventually have the new PM / notifications icons separated.

There's no way to tell if someone has their notifications turned off or if they're just ignoring you.

Oh my lord, I only joined your site about half a year ago to use your sheets, but I have seen pretty consistent improvements since I started here. This is an EXCELLENT modernizing addition!

I for one really like the idea and have long thought it would be great to be able to tag someone in a post. Thanks for the constant improvements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
@SageBahamut @Witchslasher @Gris @PigLickJF

Global mute implemented, in the same options page. It ended up being simpler than I thought. I will still want to eventually have the new PM / notifications icons separated.

There's no way to tell if someone has their notifications turned off or if they're just ignoring you.
Thanks!! Like I said, I see the value, but it's not for me. I appreciate your effort with the constant improvements to the site. One of the reasons I keep subscribed

Could it perhaps just be in the Control Panel? That's where I go to check my stuff, anyway, and I get the impression a lot of people browse that way as well. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a separate icon, either.

@Text there's a bit of tweaking I'd have to do to the system to get it into the control panel in a sane fashion.

I would love a global mute.

It seems like a great tool, but it does not address a problem I have never considered to be a problem.

@Xenh I'm a little confused. There is a global mute available (per the previous posts).

If it does not address a problem you have never considered to be a problem then... to what problem are you referring? It's not clear what you're trying to say.