Fabled Lands - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Fabled Lands

Well, Crazy Dave attempted and failed two different tasks, and was then beaten by the guards... so, arguably interesting, I guess, but not exactly lucrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
wow, I never noticed that Marlock city was that intereresting... then again my last character assassinated the governor of Yellowport for the KIng, so I tended to give Marlock city a wide berth afterwards
That's why I never took that assignment. It was just too fun wandering around in the city.

And yes, it's not lucrative, but 10 000 gamebook-earned gold pieces and $2 would get me a cup of coffee, from what I've heard. Same as $2 by themselves.
So I've always preferred non-monetary rewards, unless my character needed money to buy something like a ship, or better weapons, bribe someone, grow his trade empire, or whatever!

Well, I did need monetary rewards, as I bought any number of ships, and left them in various ports while adventuring inland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
Well, I did need monetary rewards, as I bought any number of ships, and left them in various ports while adventuring inland.
Trading changes things quite a bit!

Also, I said "unless my character needed money to buy something like a ship, or better weapons, bribe someone, grow his trade empire" and so on. But when playing the first book, I didn't do anything like this!

I own the 7 books that have been published to my knowledge, I hope the next 5 will also come out.