Shadowrun 6 is comming - Myth-Weavers

Notices


Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.


Shadowrun 6 is comming

   
Shadowrun 6 is coming

The next edition of Shadowrun has been announced which will be released this summer

https://www.catalystgamelabs.com/201...rpunk-fantasy/

Looks like they continue with "Anarchy" being a bigger theme for Shadowrunners.

wow, compared to the time ed 4 lasted, ed 5 seems to be a flop... I'll likely check out that 6th version, I'm curious.

8 years for 4E and 6 for 5E

Not that much of a difference, especially when you look at other game systems.

So for those who are not on the MW Discord (or haunting Reddit), I found this type-up of the podcast discussing the various changes.

Side note: 5e wasn't a big flop, although it certainly didn't do too hot. IMO - it's because Catalyst cut corners on things like editors and coordinating their writers and playtesting their stuff...

reading through these entries Yamazaki linked. I'm going to stick to 4e anniversary edition, nothing in there heralds any improvement over 4e anniversary edition, which to me is the best edition so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixal View Post
8 years for 4E and 6 for 5E

Not that much of a difference, especially when you look at other game systems.
only, it seemed a lot longer for SR4 and a bit shorter since the coming of SR5 ... maybe I did not see time flying because I paid no attention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Holy Wor View Post
reading through these entries Yamazaki linked. I'm going to stick to 4e anniversary edition, nothing in there heralds any improvement over 4e anniversary edition, which to me is the best edition so far.
Must admit I tend to agree with that. I have a dreck ton of SR4 material (no scenarios, I"m not a GM) and only the base book for ST5 which I read and disliked. too much unneeded power creep in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
Must admit I tend to agree with that. I have a dreck ton of SR4 material (no scenarios, I"m not a GM) and only the base book for ST5 which I read and disliked. too much unneeded power creep in the first place.
Hopefully they will retcon some stuff from 5E.
They seem to want to bring back some of the older flavor, at least according to the latest books where you again have a divide between elementals and spirits or new versions of cyberware which really hurt magic. That I support.

But I do not want anti-gravity and stuff like that in Shadowrun.
I also heavily dislike the idea that you can get all gear at character creation.

Okay, after watching some streams and reading the summaries I am not impressed at all with 6E so far.

Metas are statistically no different than humans, only with higher stat caps. Armor is pretty much useless as all it seemingly does is to give Edge when your armor outranks the enemies attack value. It doesn't actually protect you from being hit or reduce damage. Also melee weapons do not seem to use strength for damage any more.

Basically the only difference between a naked pixie with a club and a fully armored troll with one is that you get 1 edge when shooting the pixie. Thats it.







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2019-06-26 09:00:07am local time
Myth-Weavers Status