Shadowrun 6 is comming - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices


Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.


Shadowrun 6 is comming

   
There was a 5? So, uh, did I miss anything?

AFAIAC, you didn't, its system was nothing revolutionary (ok, after the ed4 pointbuy system to create character, the return to the old category priority system felt all too rigid and bothersome) and there was totally unneeded power creep is the equipment (I don't remember if there was elsewhere)... so, nothing important missed.

Thanks, that may be why our GM (who usually collects RPGs like a magpie collects shiny things) didn't seem to feel inclined to switch from 4th ED.

Of course, it has also been a while since we last played Shadowrun, so there is that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixal View Post
Okay, after watching some streams and reading the summaries I am not impressed at all with 6E so far.

Metas are statistically no different than humans, only with higher stat caps. Armor is pretty much useless as all it seemingly does is to give Edge when your armor outranks the enemies attack value. It doesn't actually protect you from being hit or reduce damage. Also melee weapons do not seem to use strength for damage any more.

Basically the only difference between a naked pixie with a club and a fully armored troll with one is that you get 1 edge when shooting the pixie. Thats it.
''Improving the game'' AKA making more money with another useless edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffVerville View Post
''Improving the game'' AKA making more money with another useless edition
They are killing off several sacred cows. Not sure if that will make the game better though.
At least no one can say that 6E won't be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octobering View Post
I sense a great disturbance in the source material...
That certainly is correct.

Some changes I have to see how they work out like making Edge more into an encounter resource to replace situational modifiers or that there is only one initative pass.

Something I do not agree with is that soak is BOD only and armor has no part in it (and in fact is only good for earning edge, but not for actual defense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixal View Post
That certainly is correct.

Some changes I have to see how they work out like making Edge more into an encounter resource to replace situational modifiers or that there is only one initative pass.

Something I do not agree with is that soak is BOD only and armor has no part in it (and in fact is only good for earning edge, but not for actual defense).
Does Edge defend you in some way? If not, I can see this rule being heavily contested by fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsenRG View Post
Does Edge defend you in some way? If not, I can see this rule being heavily contested by fans.
Edge can be used to make you dice better or the enemies worse.
Examples:
  • 1 edge for +3 init
  • 1 edge to re-roll any die, up to 5
  • 2 edge to add +1 to a single rolled die
  • 2 edge to give 1 edge to a teammate
  • 2 edge to negate 1 edge used by the opponent
  • 2 edge for “Signal Screening”: next action ignores penalty from Matrix noise
  • 3 edge to get an automatic bonus hit
  • 3 edge to heal a point of stun damage
  • 4 edge to add your edge attribute to your roll with exploding sixes
  • 4 edge heals a point of physical damage
  • 4 edge to reroll all failures
  • 5 edge to make your opponent’s 2s count for glitches
  • 5 edge to create a special effect

But yes, I will houserule to somehow make armor reduce damage. Possibly make soak armor only instead of BOD only while BOD is still used for toxins and the damage tracks, assuming there are no changes there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixal View Post
Edge can be used to make you dice better or the enemies worse.
Examples:
  • 1 edge for +3 init
  • 1 edge to re-roll any die, up to 5
Doesn't that mean that this free 1 edge is making your attacks on unarmoured enemies nastier?







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2019-06-19 09:00:07am local time
Myth-Weavers Status