This week in video games... - Page 734 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Has any played Odyssey yet? How is it?! I finally caved and bought it on Steam. Only 10 hours to download.

So, I don't really follow this thread all that much. Which means that what I'm about to post has probably already been posted and discussed at length. And I apologize for that.

Now, with that said...

I just found out today that Capcom is doing an HD remake of Resident Evil 2. From the ground up. Same story, same locations, but all new graphics, dialogue, etc. Holy. Crap. A link to the site so you can read all about it!

http://www.residentevil2.com/us/

I watched the gameplay trailers today...wow. I cannot wait for this to drop in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popestar View Post
So, I don't really follow this thread all that much. Which means that what I'm about to post has probably already been posted and discussed at length. And I apologize for that.

Now, with that said...

I just found out today that Capcom is doing an HD remake of Resident Evil 2. From the ground up. Same story, same locations, but all new graphics, dialogue, etc. Holy. Crap. A link to the site so you can read all about it!

http://www.residentevil2.com/us/

I watched the gameplay trailers today...wow. I cannot wait for this to drop in January.
So many people are super mad about it too because no tank controls and they did some visual changes to the characters to modernize them. I haven't seen a single person excited about it until right now so this is refreshing! REmake 1 was a good game and so was RE7 and REvelations. Capcom can still bring it, they just don't always. I can see why you'd be unconvinced but this game is already dead to alot of people.

I really hope it works out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliebaby View Post
So many people are super mad about it too because no tank controls and they did some visual changes to the characters to modernize them. I haven't seen a single person excited about it until right now so this is refreshing! REmake 1 was a good game and so was RE7 and REvelations. Capcom can still bring it, they just don't always. I can see why you'd be unconvinced but this game is already dead to alot of people.

I really hope it works out!
Yeah, I'm not sure why people wouldn't be excited about this. This is my favorite game in the series, just ahead of 4, and a bit ahead of 1. In my opinion, of the ones I've owned/played, I'd rank them thusly:

RE2
RE4
RE1
RE3
Code Veronica
RE5
RE6

5 and 6 should just have never been made; they are both entirely terrible (in my opinion). But Leon is the best character the game has had, and 2 and 4 are just the best games they've made. I can't wait for the remake to drop. I don't purchase many games for my consoles right away, preferring to wait until they've been out for a while and I can get them a bit cheaper than immediate retail. But this one I'll pick up the day it drops, even if only to see how they've updated my favorite game in the series.

Anybody on Eastern Standard Time, planning on playing fallout 76 beta on xbox? I'm looking for people to play with.

For anyone who is planning on getting Red Dead Redemption 2, it is available for early download, and it is huge, nearing 99GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
Anybody on Eastern Standard Time, planning on playing fallout 76 beta on xbox? I'm looking for people to play with.
What's the status on crossplay?
I'm on PC so I won't be in the beta until next week, but I'll gladly join anyone if the devs have allowed it.