"Unread" notification not going away - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

"Unread" notification not going away

"Unread" notification not going away

My Browser Information: Chrome/69.0.3497.100

Message: After reading all unread posts in one of my games, it still shows up as there being a new/unread message. on the home screen. Minor bug... but still quite annoying.

Not that it's intended to be canonical, but https://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/index.php/Known_Bugs

Unfortunately it's not something we can really tackle until/unless we leave vBulletin, which is dependent on other various upgrades that haven't been going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
Private threads present a unique issue to the way the lastpost and unread posts icons work. While we do have a way to 'fix' it, the method is highly unoptimized and would result in hundreds of queries all over the place, which would create an unacceptable hit in server performance.

Forum Tools -> Mark This Forum Read

Usual source is there are private threads that you can't see.

My solution is to go to the lowest level of the game forum and click "mark all as read".

The 'unread' colour goes away in my User CP if I double-click the game icon.