Quick questions and answers - Page 1254 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Nm RG, apparently i'd need to find an example of a spell/feat/ability that effects the mechanic in the way im referring to since what im asking isn't getting across. Thanks for replying though.

Anyone have any decent suggestions for an 80 style metal / hair band / power ballad song with some light/sun (in the literal sense) lyrics for a sunbro cleric to try and one round Eclavdra to with the light of justice?

Pathfinder question - If my wizard can cast up to level 3 spells, would he be able to cast a spell with a metamagic feat that would make it level 4?

No. A spell metamagicked to 4th level takes up a 4th level spell slot. A caster who can't cast 4th level spells has no 4th level spell slots.

There are ways to get the effects of metamagic feats applied "for free" so technically that should be possible, but not under normal circumstances.

Mongoose Traveler

Is there a sheet here on the weave? There is no mongoose or traveller. Is it under a different name?

Hmm, no, I don't see an option specifically for the latest edition of Traveller on the create-sheets page...come to think of it, I didn't see anything for its previous editions, no Hero or GURPS 3 (GURPS 4 is there, though)...strange.

3.5/Pathfinder question; suppose I wanted to create a pair of, say, Beggar's Britches, which have the effect of thoroughly-concealing their wearer's wealth and magic items; visual/auditory/tactile concealment, effective Nystul's Magic Aura, basically making the armed-to-the-teeth paladin indistinguishable from other beggars on the street, other slaves at the market, other servants in the castle...

...Well, in a more general case, a magic item that creates a nearly-perfect disguise against close scrutiny and lesser detection magic.
The question is, what do you suppose the price of such an item would be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaday Daydream View Post
Hmm, no, I don't see an option specifically for the latest edition of Traveller on the create-sheets page...come to think of it, I didn't see anything for its previous editions, no Hero or GURPS 3 (GURPS 4 is there, though)...strange.

3.5/Pathfinder question; suppose I wanted to create a pair of, say, Beggar's Britches, which have the effect of thoroughly-concealing their wearer's wealth and magic items; visual/auditory/tactile concealment, effective Nystul's Magic Aura, basically making the armed-to-the-teeth paladin indistinguishable from other beggars on the street, other slaves at the market, other servants in the castle...

...Well, in a more general case, a magic item that creates a nearly-perfect disguise against close scrutiny and lesser detection magic.
The question is, what do you suppose the price of such an item would be?
for pricing to work you need caster level. The effect is a 'morph' type which makes it easy to make in MnM but not here. Alter self should cover visual. Auditory and tactile pose a problem though. And if you wanted magic auras covered it would require a second spell (which increases price by a lot) on the item (i simply don't know of one spell able to both change appearance and hide auras while keeping item functions)

I would base such an item on a combination of a Greater Magic Aura effect added to a Hat of Disguise.

Note that the disguise so created will likely fail in the event of direct physical interaction (a pat-down or even incidental collision) or through actions on the bearer's part such as the drawing of a weapon concealed by the item.

This might be made less likely by adding a modified Cloud Mind (as the psionic power) or similar effect.

Then consult A) the magic item creation pricing guidelines and B) the GM to determine an appropriate cost (if permitted at all) for your custom magic item.