My wife's undead/hadoozy/barber/monk/dashing swodsman... Help? - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

My wife's undead/hadoozy/barber/monk/dashing swodsman... Help?

More powerful? It's a monk. You could give her twice the levels as the other party members and she'd STILL not be as strong as any other character.

Behold Black Jack Wellesley, the Dread Pirate King!

One level of Marshal allows him to add his Charisma bonus to allies' Dexterity rolls, including initiative, while nine levels of bard grant him a Inspire Courage of +8 when all feats, spells, and items affecting it are accounted for, as well as Inspire Greatness.

Finishing off the build are ten levels of Dread Pirate (honorable path) which improves Inspire Courage and grants some pretty nifty abilities when using Inspire Courage, such as temporary hit points equal to 10 + Charisma modifier, a dodge bonus to Armor Class equal to Charisma modifier, and the Die Hard feat. Dread Pirate also allows you to take 10 on certain skills, such as Tumble. Black Jack's tumble modifier in armor is +41, which means that he can tumble up a vertical surface. Sure, a wizard could just cast fly, but that's just not as stylish as breakdancing your way up a castle wall.

Slippers of Battle Dancing allow him to use his Charisma modifier instead of Strength/Dexterity when calculating attack and damage rolls if he has moved 10 feet or more. (They also grant +5 to tumble and, if you have more than 5 ranks in Perform, +2 to initiative.)

Imperious Command allows him to severely demoralize people with Intimidate, while Combat Panache gives several useful tactical maneuvers for a Charisma based swashbuckler.

The Bard Mimicking Song ACF replaces Countersong and grants allies a +4 bonus to move silently.When combined with Motivate Dexterity, it allows Black Jack and his crew to sneak around with with catlike tread.

Other songs which will be featured when he has to inspire his crew include:

Pirates of Penzance - The Pirate King Song

HMS Pinafore - A British Tar Is A Soaring Soul

Muppet Treasure Island - Shiver Me Timbers

Arrogant Worms - Last Pirate Of Saskatchewan

Inconceivable!

The hell?

Ok, so I settled on a deathless zombie hadozee for her. And after 2 hours of trying to figure out how to do it myself, I decide to try to teach her about templates. She immediatly gave up on being undead...

Also, since her rolled stats were HORRIBLE, we changed her character's base class to swashbuckler to better pair with the PrC. She has taken 7 levels of swash and 3 of dash now.

The hadozee's straight edge razors are represented by folding kukris and he runs about in a magic loin cloth while riding bare back on an undersized donkey thats been magic'd to hold his weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kobold View Post
The hell?

Ok, so I settled on a deathless zombie hadozee for her. And after 2 hours of trying to figure out how to do it myself, I decide to try to teach her about templates. She immediatly gave up on being undead...

Also, since her rolled stats were HORRIBLE, we changed her character's base class to swashbuckler to better pair with the PrC. She has taken 7 levels of swash and 3 of dash now.
I was going to suggest Swordsage for "more monk than Monk" goodness, but looks like you have it figured out.

Quote:
The hadozee's straight edge razors are represented by folding kukris and he runs about in a magic loin cloth while riding bare back on an undersized donkey thats been magic'd to hold his weight.

There's an undead template in SRD that can be applied to any living creature.

Just get some scrolls or a wand of negative energy (spells such as harm or cause wounds). Put some skill points into use magic device. Have a few items that boost charisma (for UMD).