Exalted sheet online - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Exalted sheet online

Very nice. I think the dots system was laid out pretty well. I especially like how you handled virtue/virtue channels, and willpower- that was a pretty good idea.

Here are things I think you could improve:

Edit: Sudden realization as I see the Brawl ability. This is a 1e sheet, isn't it? That may change the validity a lot of what I've said... I don't know 1e as well, unfortunately. I don't even know anyone who plays it.
I'm going to leave this post up just because it feels a shame to delete it, but I'll spoiler the content so it isn't too confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
Very nice. I think the dots system was laid out pretty well. I especially like how you handled virtue/virtue channels, and willpower- that was a pretty good idea.
Sheet was based on

http://www.myth-weavers.com/attachme...5&d=1314215375

If it wasn't on there, it's not on here. I have never played nor read the rules for this system.

Here are things I think you could improve:

Quote:
1) There's no spot for your Motivation (which is an important thing in Exalted). You could probably use one of those 'unused' slots for it and it'd be just fine.
Please confirm whether this is a level thing (like abilities) or a flat entry.

Quote:
2) There's no spot for Intimacies. These are not quite as big as motivation, but are important nonetheless, and it'd be nice to have an area dedicated to them rather than having to store them in other notes.
See response to 1

Quote:
3) Technically, they're called Abilities, not Skills. Not that I don't often interchange the two terms myself, but Abilities is the official one.
Fixed

Quote:
4) You're probably going to want more than just five slots for specialties. You can have multiple specialties per ability, after all. I think five slots might work for most characters, but there will be a lot who will want more. It's also worth noting that Craft is technically a lot of different abilities, similar to Craft and Knowledge in D&D 3.5, which may make some people want even MORE ability slots. Maybe just rename 'specialties' to 'specialties and other' or something, and expand it to be safe?
I need a number.

Quote:
5) Similar, you definitely want more charm slots. Your basic Solar starts out with ten charms- that makes it half filled right there. It really doesn't leave much space for advancement.
I need a number. Telling me "more"...not so helpful.

Quote:
6) For health levels, I don't think the current system is adequate. There is a notable number of charms that can add health levels, which will mean that the current checkboxes won't quite work right for them. It might be better to have something adjustable, to represent how many health levels your character really has.
Don't understand. What is a health level? More checkboxes? a -5? how many more checkboxes?

Quote:
7) Soak. I assume that spot above health is for soak? Looks like it, anyway. You may want to label that for clarity.
I assume so. THe sheet I have has labels B, L and A.

Quote:
8) Items... there needs to be a space for items. Exalted isn't quite like D&D in how many items you end up lugging around, but you will almost always have non-weapon artifacts, or resource bought items and the like.
How many. Do they have weight or location?

Quote:
9) Advanced or unusual characters are not well supported by this sheet. What I mean is, you can't make a character above essence six, there's not a place for mutations, merits, flaws, or any other little oddity that you may want to record. If you're playing a character that has abilities or attributes above 6 (it's possible, even below essence 6) then you simply have no way to record that. There are all kinds of ways the standard abilities can be improved or altered, and the sheet just... doesn't give much leeway for any of them.
Need much more information.

Quote:
And of course, if you have any uncertainty or questions about what I'm saying, I'd be happy to elaborate on it as necessary.
Much more elaboration is necessary. Like I said, I know nothing of the system.

Quote:
I'd love to see a really good online sheet for Exalted, so I'm very glad to see this attempt even if I am leveling some criticism at it. Thanks for all the work you've put in so far!
Thanks for the response. I just need much more detail.

Quote:
Edit: Sudden realization as I see the Brawl ability. This is a 1e sheet, isn't it?
Beats me.

Quote:
I need a number. Telling me "more"...not so helpful.
Just to pop in and answer that, I'm running an exalted character with 49 charms at the moment, and she's by no means the top of the ladder. I don't know what program you use to make these sheets, but what would be easiest is to add a button that adds another row for charm slots. But I've no idea if you can do that with whatever you're using.

You probably want 15 slots for intimacies, that's the usual max total barring shenagains

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixLorn View Post
Just to pop in and answer that, I'm running an exalted character with 49 charms at the moment, and she's by no means the top of the ladder. I don't know what program you use to make these sheets, but what would be easiest is to add a button that adds another row for charm slots. But I've no idea if you can do that with whatever you're using.
The program I am using is direct html and php programming. I am not a big fan of dynamic addition of rows. Are more backgrounds also needed? DO charms have long names? Can I compress annd add another column?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
You probably want 15 slots for intimacies, that's the usual max total barring shenagains
Do intimacies need radio buttons (if so, how many), check boxes (if so, how many) or generic input (if so, how many)

I'm currently thinking replace the charm section with intimacies, depending on what kind of input it needs, and creating a separate 3 column 20 row table for charms, which would allow for 60 in total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Beats me.
Okay, well this is definitely the most important part to consider first. Everything I said applies to 2e, and while there is a lot of crossover between the two, I know there ARE some differences.

That sheet you linked is definitely a 1e sheet, not a 2e.

This being said, everyone I know plays 2e. I only tried playing 1e once. I'm very much willing to bet that the vast majority (if not all) of the people who want to play Exalted on this site are going to be wanting a 2e sheet, not a 1e. Of course, people are certainly welcome to come in and prove me wrong!

Luckily, as is evidenced by how late I realized what edition the sheet is, you can pretty much port everything you just made over to a 2e sheet without a problem. The only changes you'd need to make would be in the abilities, in which a few have been changed.

Now, since I do think there are a lot of people who would want a 2e sheet (more than a 1e sheet) I'm going to answer your questions- but to be absolutely clear, all my answers are for 2e Exalted. If you don't want to make a 2e sheet, don't pay any attention to what I'm about to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
Okay, well this is definitely the most important part to consider first. Everything I said applies to 2e, and while there is a lot of crossover between the two, I know there ARE some differences.
I want what is most useful. Sounds like they cross over pretty well. Let's assume its 2e.

Quote:
Luckily, as is evidenced by how late I realized what edition the sheet is, you can pretty much port everything you just made over to a 2e sheet without a problem. The only changes you'd need to make would be in the abilities, in which a few have been changed.
Let me know the changes.

Quote:
Motivation is a flat entry.
Added to top of sheet.

Quote:
Intimacies are similar to motivations. Generally, they are no more than three or four words. What an intimacy is is basically a thing your character has strong feelings about- while this is a large part of mechanics and has mechanical benefits, it's a benefit common to all intimacies, so that isn't necessary to record.
For intimacies, people generally write a single word or phrase that says what their character feels strong about, and then one or two words that describe exactly how they feel about it.
So for example, here are what some intimacies might be:
-Scarlet Empress, Hate
-Myth-Weavers, Fondness
-Twinkies, Greed
-Roleplaying, Obsession
I wouldn't want to record anything more than what I have above, so just a single short line would be fine.

So I could move charms out to their own table and replace the current 20 rows with intimacies, and that would be OK?

Quote:
Hum... 10 slots for specialties and other abilities (not in addition to what you have, but total) would likely cover it, 15 would be extra special safe.
Any suggestion as to how to make it a nice square table without a horrible "1 -column has 10 extra rows" type of thing?

Quote:
Well, I have a high power character who has over 60 charms. I don't think most people will go quite that high, but aiming around that mark would make the sheet a lot more capable for the standard game, at least. 50 seems like an adequate number for most games, though if you want to provide for the true high power games, 80-100 might be more what you'd need.
Think something more like the spells section of the D&D 3.5 sheet- that's about what you need to really handle charms.
OK, I'll make it at least 60. Maybe move it to the bottom of the sheet.

Quote:
Yes, more check boxes. Each check box is a health level, for future reference.
And anyway, I'm not so sure I'd say more checkboxes as I would say an adjustable number of them. See, the way healthboxes work in Exalted is if you get hit and take damage, you mark out one of the health boxes to designate you've taken damage. So, what your current system allows you to do is record how much damage I've taken.
Now, my concern is that like in most games, how much health you actually have differs between characters, and therefore, how many checkboxes you need. You don't have a way to add or subtract checkboxes, so I can't actually record how much health a character has.
What do the levels mean? (0, -1 etc) It sounds to me like health is better off as a single flat entry, like HP in DND.

Quote:
That's what makes the most sense there, at least to me.
To elaborate, soak is essentially armor in Exalted. When you take damage, you subtract your soak from damage taken.
B, L, and A stand for different types of soak and damage. Bashing, Lethal, Aggravated.
Just adding in the label 'Soak' somewhere would be a nice clarification for it. You might just change it so it says Bashing Soak, Lethal Soak, Aggravated Soak.
Fixed.

Quote:
I don't think you'll need to worry about location or weight for items in Exalted. How many... well, as I mentioned, Exalted isn't nearly as item intensive as D&D. Twenty would probably be more than enough for most characters. You might get away with just ten.
OK, will add.