Converting Farland Magic Items - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Converting Farland Magic Items

Here's another attempt at a converted magic item. Please critique.

Converted itemWyvernslayer Armor Level 4+

Lvl 4 +1 840 gp Lvl 19 +4 105,000 gp
Lvl 9 +2 4,200 gp Lvl 24 +5 525,000 gp
Lvl 14 +3 21,000 gp Lvl 29 +6 2,625,000 gp

Armor: Chain, Scale, Plate
Enhancement: AC.
Property: Resist 5 poison
Level 14 or 19: Resist 10 poison
Level 24 or 29: Resist 15 poison
Power (Daily): Minor Action. Pick a creature that possesses a fly speed. That creature takes a –1 penalty to all of its defenses against your attacks until the end of the encounter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
I'd probably keep that at paragon tier, so 14+ only...+1 to hit for an entire encounter is really good.
So start it at level 14 you are thinking? If I beef it up to level 14, I should probably then start the resistance at 10, yes?

Okay, here it is:

Converted itemWyvernslayer Armor Level 14+

Lvl 14 +3 21,000 gp Lvl 24 +5 525,000 gp
Lvl 19 +4 105,000 gp Lvl 29 +6 2,625,000 gp

Armor: Chain, Scale, Plate
Enhancement: AC
Property: Resist 10 poison
Level 24 or 29: Resist 15 poison
Power (Daily): Minor Action. Pick a creature that possesses a fly speed. That creature takes a –1 penalty to all of its defenses against your attacks until the end of the encounter.

Latest Item Conversion:

4E itemEarring of Neltak Level 10

These earrings are tiny golden, upside-down axes; they are holy to the god Neltak, Lord of Law.
Wondrous Item 5000 gp
Property: You gain a +2 item bonus to insight checks to discern any untruths spoken in your presence.
Power (Encounter): Standard Action. You call down Neltak's judgment on a target (range 5). The creature is dazed (save ends). If within the last 5 minutes you discerned the target as having spoken an untruth in your presence, the target is stunned instead of dazed.

Comments?

Wow...Those are just way overpowered. An encounter power that allows you to autohit daze(se)... As a daily power with an attack roll vs Will on a creature within a close burst 5, that might be balanced, but definitely not if it's stunned. Also, the lack of a slot is an issue; perhaps count it as a head slot instead. I'd probably make it a daily power, a +14 vs Will attack, for dazed until end of next turn, or save ends if it spoke an untruth.

I thought the lack of a slot might affect the balance. How's this?

Earring of Neltak Level 10

These earrings are tiny golden, upside-down axes; they are holy to the god Neltak, Lord of Law.

Slot: Head 5000 gp

Property: You gain a +2 item bonus to insight checks to discern any untruths spoken in your presence.
Power (Daily, Divine, Radiant): Standard Action. You call down Neltak's judgment on a target. Make an
attack: Ranged 5; +14 vs. Will; on a hit, the target is dazed until the end of your next turn. If within the last 5 minutes you discerned the target as having spoken an untruth in your presence, the target is stunned instead of dazed.

Might as well just make it a +2 item bonus to Insight checks, period, and a +16 if you're going to bump the level to 13. The only attacks that have long range are weapons, so just make it a ranged 5.