Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shozurei View Post
Like a whip? I was actually planning to use one on my character.
That would work. So long as your target isn't threatening your square an AoO can not be made. Be aware, however, that whips have significant issues; the are unable to damage anything with any armor or a +3 natural armor bonus or higher, and provoke an AoO for attacking just like a ranged weapon.

DJ - Thanks.

Shoz - As far as I know, the only way to avoid the AoO for using a combat manuever that you dont have an improved variant on would be if you had feigned ahead of time or if they dont know you're there and thus it makes sense they dont AoO you on the initial engage. Basically flat footed shenanigans.

Dirty trick is a combat manuever that I find highly versatile and very open to hilarity and debuff conditions if you can master it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Golem View Post
That would work. So long as your target isn't threatening your square an AoO can not be made. Be aware, however, that whips have significant issues; the are unable to damage anything with any armor or a +3 natural armor bonus or higher, and provoke an AoO for attacking just like a ranged weapon.
Yeah, you'd need a scorpion whip to hurt stuff regardless of their armor, unless you want to take the whip mastery feat.

Alternative I did this once with a warpriest who had a whip as his sacred weapon (growing damage helped counter the shit damage of whips normally) the GM allowed the air blessing Zephyr’s Gift (minor) to apply to the whip cause it was like using a ranged weapon in melee and part of that blessing is you dont provoke with ranged weapons in melee.

I'll check my whip centric character when I get home, for some reason I thought I had a work around for the weaknesses that I cant remember atm.

If you dedicate yourself to the whip path: (greater) serpent lash is a godsend.

DM: it's hyour turn what do you do?
Player: I disarm and trip everyone in a 15' radius

The Serpent Lash feats look pretty good. I might take them. I don't plan on using the whip to do the regular fighting, just to disarm or trip as needed. If I'm right next to the opponent, I plan to use my rapier. The character is an Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/Archaeologist Bard. I'm starting off with the Blade since I get Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus for free at level one, which mean I can immediately take Fencing Grace at level one for Dex to Damage. Then I'll stick with Archaeologist Bard for the rest of the game.

In Pathfinder, does Opportune Parry and Riposte use up 2 panache points, or just one? The Riposte part says that at least one point of panache must be left after Parry to be used, but it's not clear if it uses up that point.

You have to spend one panache point+AoO for the parry, and you need to have at least 1 panache point left in your pool then spend an immediate action to riposte. Just read more about immediate actions in the rules.

The SRD states "Upon performing a successful parry and if she has at least 1 panache point, the swashbuckler can as an immediate action make an attack against the creature whose attack she parried", which to me says that you do not need to spend a panache point to riposte, only that you need to have at least 1 panache point.

So if you spent your last point of panache to parry, you would be unable to riposte, irrelevant of how successful your parry was. Riposting does not use a panache point though.

Pathfinder -

So im trying to think of what items to have made in downtime of campaign.

Im the primary healer and the party is gonna replace the Wand of cure light I bought and expended of the last few sessions and will be making such supplies for me/us on the cheap.

If I wanted to make a wand of 'infernal healing' and we recently battled a devil that had been gated into this plane and has since TP'd away (so remains haven't vanished cause its not considered summoned), I could possibly gather its blood from the battleground but im not sure how many drops...

What are the math equations for crafting a wand Spell level 1 Caster Level 1 but either daily uses or unlimited uses?
I think i've found the normal formula for just a normal wand, which is 50 charges so i'd need 50 of the material component?

---

Also taking suggestions on generally cost efficient means of getting hp back in pathfinder during the luls between combats when you dont want to convert over the clerics entire spell alotment into IV infusions. We'll be level 10 by next long downtime.