Burning Horizons

Old Jan 9 '11, 11:44am
Ghost of Christmas Past

Burning Horizons

Burning Horizons - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e - Dark Sun
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Burning Horizons is a campaign for D&D 4th Edition set on Athas, the campaign world of the Dark Sun setting. PC will be the usual mix of glory seekers, escaped slaves and damned idealists, looking for the main chance - and maybe in the course making a difference. The game starts in Tyr, but leads the PCs to blood soaked Draj and later probably all over the desert, as they get involved in progressively greater plots.

And now for the technical details:

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Please put your applications in this thread.

Applications so far:
Marok by Gillric
Krrk'chkit-Tak-tha by Vrock
Trubbo by Razor the Red
Jarrad by Glyph
Keyleth Silpel-Thorne by Tundar Toovir
Nelli by Shmoogie
Shyla by Abscond
Brytta by Amardwin
Cuixtli by Ascension
Rashmika il-Venys by The Snark
Hrhon by Richter_DL
Broxen Woodt by Kalhandre

Game Description:

"Please, worthy heroes, will you help me find my son?"

Maybe the tearful appeal of this pretty, obviously noble human lady wouldn't have moved you. The large purse she offers, part of it actual metal coins, almost certainly does. In the wake of the overthrow of the Sorceror King of Tyr, the city has become a hothouse of opportunities. Whether this has drawn you here, or whether you have lived here all your life and decided to use those developments for a change of career, doesn't matter. Here's the first new change, the first day of the rest of your life, your way to glory. You hope. At least, your way to a lot more money than you have seen so far.

There's only one maggot in this shiny pot of gruel: This will lead you to a place as far removed from Tyr's new freedom as any on this dismal hunk of burning rock: Draj...

And even if you succeed, there's something about this that smells of trouble. Major trouble - but then, nobody ever got rich or famous by sitting with their feet in a cool pool of water nibbling sweatmeats. Better sharpen your weapon and just dive head forward into the unknown. To glory! Or just a damn lot of money. It's not like you are picky.

Burning Horizons is a campaign for D&D 4th Edition set on Athas, the campaign world of the Dark Sun setting. PC will be the usual mix of glory seekers, escaped slaves and damned idealists, looking for the main chance - and maybe in the course making a difference. The game starts in Tyr, but leads the PCs to blood soaked Draj and later probably all over the desert, as they get involved in progressively greater plots.

Last edited by Liliedhe; Jan 26 '11 at 10:47pm..
Interesting! But since we're not allowed to use PH2...
...that means no Halfling Barbarian? D=

Will have to think up another character, in that case.

Well, I might stick it in there, but I don't have it yet and decided it is more important to have PHB3 for the psionic thing. ^^

If you have the old school CB it should give you access to everything pre essentials accept the dark sun book. That would allow classic Dark Sun races like the Halfling at least.

All races from the campaign setting or just the non optional races?

I had a Druid ready to go from a Dark Sun game that flopped right out the gate, but I guess no PHB2 will put me out of the running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliedhe View Post
Well, I might stick it in there, but I don't have it yet and decided it is more important to have PHB3 for the psionic thing. ^^
I highly suggest you allow the core handbooks at least. I am sure there are folks who can bring you up to speed on PHB 2. Many folks also enjoy the Power Books, The Psonic one would seem essential for this type of game.

OK, you convinced me, PHB2 is in. Nothing else though.

You will have to get along with the three PHBs and the Campaign Setting.

@Gillric: What do you mean "optional races"? The ones that are detailed in the Campaign book - Muls, Thri-Kreen and the reinterpretations of Dragonborn, Eladrin, Elves, Halflings, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Tieflings, Half-Giants, Humans.

@Kire: I would expect a knowledge of the setting, but no actual gaming experience with it.