Climbing Axis Mundi - A Hunter Chronicle In Need of Players
Climbing Axis Mundi: An NWoD Chronicle - Forum
World of Darkness
Ad Closes: Nov 30 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 3
Some of Climbing Axis Mundi's players have disappeared and not yet posted again. It's at the point now where I need some new players to come in and help refresh the ranks. Does anyone want to try their hands at a Cthulhu-esque Hunter game? Summaries can be given if needed!
Estimated Numbers Requested: Minimum of 4, but will take more if there are more applications.
I am also considering letting people use a ready-made PC from two of WoD's free quickstarts, A Nightmare At Manor Hill and One Year Later (the latter for H:tV), if someone wants to play a premade character but doesn't have either/one of the Ready-Made PC books.
1. Full-fledged Witches (those with the Gnosis merit) may not take Unseen Sense; they must buy the first Gnosis dot with their own Merit points. They begin with a maximum Source pool determined by Stamina + Resolve. Costs for new Mysteries and spells, along with other Hunter errata we will use (except the rule for Gifted buying spells), is found at http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=44506
2. Witches may not use Endowments. Instead of Endowments, they take Spells, which are detailed in the "Spellbound" chapter of Witch Finders. They do not take a Profession and do not have access to the Professional Training Merit.
3. Any Mortal or Hunter who wishes to become a Witch may do so by buying a point of Gnosis. The change must be RPed out somehow, and if the Mortal or Hunter has Unseen Sense, that Merit is dropped from the character sheet. In return, the Mortal or Hunter gets the first-dot spell in the Lore Mystery for free, to replace Unseen Sense. Note that, with this change, Hunters will lose their Profession and may not increase any dots in Professional Training afterwards.
4. All tiers of Hunters are allowed. Players may not use H:tV-style vampires or werewolves at this time.
5. After character creation, increasing Fighting Style Merits requires ST approval.
6. Witches and Mortals may not risk Willpower as Hunters do.
7. Though this rule may seem odd to some, I must place it here by necessity due to games derailed by the matter in the past. If you wish to have a romantic storyline for your character, whatever character your character falls in love with MUST be a PC or NPC you own. This is to avoid unfortunate implications, feelings and entanglements, and reduce the chance for drama in general. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences.
8. In another override of the errata, Spells cost the same as Merits, New Dots x 2, to correct balancing issues in the chronicle.
My New W:tF Thread: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=187572
WR&M System: http://www.stargazergames.eu/games/warrior-rogue-mage/
nWoD System: http://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/ind...yteller_System