Playtest Referees? - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Playtest Referees?

Playtest Referees?

As far as I can tell, this is the best place to post this, so here goes...

I'm currently developing a new, simplified 2d6 fantasy roleplaying system, Hakkenslash It incorporates a touch of OSR-style mechanics with a touch of more modern systems, while still maintaining some uniqueness and somewhat of a heavier-system feel (at least that's the objective). I'm still in need of a few more playtesting groups, so if you're interested in GMing a game, I would be more than delighted!

The current playtest rules as I have them are located here for you to check out.

I'm still in need of a few more people to help run some playtest games using the system, so if you're looking for something easy and different, I encourage you to give it a try!

This may be one of those pointless and unnecessary posts people make that infuriate me but, on the off chance you would consider something other than fantasy - I would be game. Do something post-apocalyptic future and I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus_project View Post
This may be one of those pointless and unnecessary posts people make that infuriate me but, on the off chance you would consider something other than fantasy - I would be game. Do something post-apocalyptic future and I'm in.
I am actually currently working up another system with a friend of mine as well. It's an alien-apocalypse theme using a modified xd10 system. It won't be ready for for beta testing for at least a couple more months, though. But once it is, I'll certainly be giving it a test run here!

I am working on a very long and complicated game myself when my situation is more stable...was originally planning on running it as DnD 3.5, but I may just instead use your system, since it has excellent restrictions on casting, AND it is like a mildly easier to grok 3.5...yes, I use that system as a comparison.
One thing you MAY want to edit is Hold Portal/Infravision. They are a bit confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by trundlebot View Post
I am working on a very long and complicated game myself when my situation is more stable...was originally planning on running it as DnD 3.5, but I may just instead use your system, since it has excellent restrictions on casting, AND it is like a mildly easier to grok 3.5...yes, I use that system as a comparison.
One thing you MAY want to edit is Hold Portal/Infravision. They are a bit confused
Please feel free to use it! As for the spells, I'll take another look at them, thanks