Looking for help creating a character! - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Looking for help creating a character!

Looking for help creating a character!

Hey all I am looking to join an Open sandbox game with Classic "World of Darkness" game type and would love some help in creating a character since this is my first time!

Thank you guys!

Well, guess the first question is to ask what kind of character do you want to play? There's a lot of supernaturals and then there's the Hunters, with certain supernatural powers of their own to combat the others. My personal experience has been with Vampire, Werewolf, and a little bit with Changeling. There's a lot more than that to pick from.

If you're a new player and trying to get into a game, I wouldn't recommend going into it with a narrow list of races you'd be "willing" to play, Juice. Just my advice, of course, but I would suggest you be willing to play pretty much any and everything a party might need. Getting into a game isn't always easy and getting in as a brand new player to the site can be even trickier. Limiting yourself to very specific races and classes will only make things harder, in my experience.

Of course! anything that helps me to get into a game! My problem is really creating the character to the extent that it is fully fleshed out!

I usually start creating characters from one of two places. Either I start with who is my character, or what I want my character to do. Who is my character is usually where I start, and I so I brainstorm a couple concepts.

In werewolf maybe I have a loyal friend who is struggling with his inner anger, or maybe a former woodsman new to town.

From there I start to create their story, what was growing up like, what was their first crucible...etc. then I think what their personality is like, what are their interests.

Finally I will come up with what role they fill in the game, and then I can build the crunch.

If I start with what I want them to do the process is finding what I want them to do, and then try and think up what kind of person does those things, and what they might be like.

So what concepts are you thinking?

Okay, like Draakin's asking, what do you want your character to be as a concept? Could be as simple as 'rugged outdoorsman' . Just a starting point to help get you in character.

The creation rules are on the website they mentioned in the character creation thread, they are a big help! Otherwise, the basic rundown for a werewolf would be:

- Pick your concept
- Pick your breed (born human, born wolf, born hybrid)
- Pick your tribe

Then it heads to stat layouts. The site will explain in better detail than I'm doing. Start up a new thread in the character creation forum in City of Darkness and we'll walk you through it. You can edit the post with updated information, having a finished sheet when you're done. Sound good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShaine View Post
Okay, like Draakin's asking, what do you want your character to be as a concept? Could be as simple as 'rugged outdoorsman' . Just a starting point to help get you in character.

The creation rules are on the website they mentioned in the character creation thread, they are a big help! Otherwise, the basic rundown for a werewolf would be:

- Pick your concept
- Pick your breed (born human, born wolf, born hybrid)
- Pick your tribe

Then it heads to stat layouts. The site will explain in better detail than I'm doing. Start up a new thread in the character creation forum in City of Darkness and we'll walk you through it. You can edit the post with updated information, having a finished sheet when you're done. Sound good?

Concept- I want ranger type human who is bitten and transformed. Very simple for now I think works best!

-Breed (born human)

- Tribe (I am not sure on this one!)

Sounds awesome! Thank you guys for all of the help!