VTM so how do you like to generate your elders? - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

VTM so how do you like to generate your elders?

VTM so how do you like to generate your elders?

Frankly the most interesting homebrew elder creation system that I have seen is very simple:

It is the standard character creation + age background doesn't exist, You simply choose how old you are and you get some freebies for it. If you want to spend your freebies on generation, go for it or not. As it simply does away with the notion that someone who is 6th generation might be 1000 years old...maybe the 5th generation sire embraced someone in 1999. Same goes for a 8th generation embracing someone in 700 and his 9th generation childe being +1000 years old.

Just to compare, citing a few age categories (not all of them):

101-200 years old kindred gets 150 freebies.
801-1100 years old kindred gets 465 freebies.
3900-5600 years old kindred gets 750 freebies (highest category)

So how do you make your elders? (Elysium, core rules, something else?)

Honestly I usually go by ear and give elders what I want them to have with no streamlined system, being careful not to abuse. That said, I'm much more of a vampire the requiem player then masquerade. Ancient Mysteries and Ancient Bloodlines have the best guidelines I've seen for elder creation so far and they are easily transported to Masquerade being experience points based. Just decide what gen you want your elder to be and good to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Holy Wor View Post
Honestly I usually go by ear and give elders what I want them to have with no streamlined system, being careful not to abuse. That said, I'm much more of a vampire the requiem player then masquerade. Ancient Mysteries and Ancient Bloodlines have the best guidelines I've seen for elder creation so far and they are easily transported to Masquerade being experience points based. Just decide what gen you want your elder to be and good to go

Yea I am more worried how they fit into the story rather then raw stats etc. I just had an Ancient Cappadiocian I used in my DAV game, and did not have anything written down, except Nature/ Demeanor Roleplaying/ and Agenda. I might be using her again because I like her and as things go I might create a sheet for her, but again, I do not have a set method.

I usually just go without any rules if it's a NPCs, just check some random canon NPC of the same power-level and make something similar but appropriate for my NPC.