Notices

PFS PbP Gameday IV: Rise of the Siege of Serpents

TL;DR Blurb:

Date: September 19th through December 20th, 2015

Exclusive: Serpentís Rise
September 19th, 2015 to November 3rd, 2015
Note: Requires 4-Star, or higher, GMs to run it. Limit one table per GM.

Multi-Table Special: Siege of Serpents
November 5th, 2015 to December 20th, 2015
Note: Any GM can run as there is no GM Star requirement. Limit one table per GM

Session submission deadline for product Support:
August 23rd, 2015 @ 8 PM EDT US [UTC-4]

** Regular scenarios can be run throughout the event, as usual. **

Contest: Best G.I. Joe inspired Character for Year of the Serpent

Basic Contest Rules:
  • Must be a Joe, no Cobra
  • Must be PFS legal
  • Must be lvl 1 with a character progression through lvl 4
  • Must have, at least, ranks in two Knowledge skills in the progression - because "Knowing is half the Battle"
  • Only Players and GMs participating in PbP Gameday IV can participate in the contest.

Read the full details here: http://pathfindersocietyonline.com/?p=686

SO the first event can only be Gmed by a four start GM.. how many of those do we have (I am only 1 star)? Where do we muster up and what are the level ranges?

There are a number of 4+ GM Star PbP GMs - mainly seem to concentrate more on the Paizo boards though - we'll make sure we get as many running as we can. There will be VOs chipping in to help fill in the tables too.

Once GMs start submitting games we will have a list of games to peruse on the website.

Are the Special tables to be coordinated centrally (i.e. there really is only one Special being ran with a single coordinator), or are they coordinated in clumps (i.e. 4 tables here at MW with a coordinator here, 5 more over there, etc.)?

The Special will have a central coordination thread for the GMs that will be shared between all sites. So, one special ran across many forums.

Most likely, we will run the centralized GM coordination thread for all forums here on Mythweavers.

I'm thinking for us, we should have a single signup muster for the Special where people indicate whether they want to GM/Play or do either, and then once we know how many of each category we are dealing with, we can organize ourselves into tables after that. It would be nice if we could internally cover as many of the tiers as possible.

To wit, what are the various tiers in the Special?

Regarding the Exclusive, we won't be able to run one here without recruiting an outside GM unless Endless Forms (who is a Myth-weavers member but not an active contributor here) decides to run a session.

I leave the mustering and organization for the special on Mythweavers in your very capable hands, sir.

As far as level tiers go...

The Exclusive is Level 7 Pregens only.

The Special has the following Sub-Tiers:
----------------------------------------------
Subtier 1–2
Subtier 3–4
Subtier 5–6
Subtier 7–8
Subtier 10–11

We'll see if we can get volunteers to help fill in 4-Star+ GM ranks here.

Thanks.

I'm thinking that in the likely case where we get limited spots for the Exclusive, we should hold those for active GMs only and have a lotto or something to see who gets in, as a reward for our GMs without whom we wouldn't have a Chapter.

Sure - sounds reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greycloak View Post
Thanks.

I'm thinking that in the likely case where we get limited spots for the Exclusive, we should hold those for active GMs only and have a lotto or something to see who gets in, as a reward for our GMs without whom we wouldn't have a Chapter.