For all things gaming related.

Kill or Embrace?

View Poll Results
How to handle this fiasco
Kill 3 27.27%
Embrace 1 9.09%
Other (please post suggestion) 7 63.64%

Kill or Embrace?

Thanks to an amazingly botched hunt roll, my vampire character's just been found out.
So where do I go from here?
The easy answer is, of course, to kill this person. But my character isn't thrilled with that option.
The other option (as far as I see it) is to embrace her; but if the newly minted kindred embarrasses her sire, it might ruin his efforts to win the city's Barony.
Both options are on the table, I'm looking for advice.
My character has 2 dots each of Dominate and Presence, so not quite enough to make this problem go away.

Honestly? I think killing leaves more room to be found out than simply letting her go. Because then that leads to an investigation in which if anyone saw her leaving with you, then it puts you under suspicion by the local PD. Even if you can somehow clean up the crime scene, there are still witnesses.

Are your social skills up to snuff? Because that, plus the fact that humans are inclined to believe the supernatural doesn't exist anyway could work to your advantage.

On the other hand, if those are your only two options, then Embracing might be your best course of action. Along with keeping a tight leash on your new fledgling. It leaves no mess. That's just my take though.

Oh, I should clarify that my character absolutely can get away with killing someone. He has a lot of influence, wealth, and connections with the cops. This is more of a moral concern.
I know, wrong game to have moral concerns.

Never embrace without permission, it is the quickest way to final death. You could alternatively just ghoul the person, which is totally okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigassdinosaur View Post
Oh, I should clarify that my character absolutely can get away with killing someone. He has a lot of influence, wealth, and connections with the cops. This is more of a moral concern.
Never underestimate a creative Storyteller. Even if you can get away with it, don't make it a habit. It's also a quick way to some humanity drop.

hmmm.... I might see if I can get her to calm down and try ghouling her...
That said, embracing doesn't require the Baron's permission in this city.
Also, this ST is very creative, so everything gets a lot riskier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigassdinosaur View Post
If you have a lot of wealth just bribe the person. "Look you can either take this free money and forget you ever saw this, or you can continue looking into this, and quite frankly as far as you know you came down on a cosplay job gone bad."

I know I'd take the bribe in an instant. And it's not like the underground economy in the USA is small. Those $5 a week allowances you give your children, that your kids don't report as income? Yeah that's technically avoiding taxes and underground economy, a ton of stuff is ignored by the tax man every year. $500 or even something bigger but still subtle is the best way to avoid this in my opinion.

Other:

Killing leaves a body of evidence.

Embracing leaves a liability.

Kidnapping them and giving them Stockholm Syndrome seems the correct course of action.

I am with the others. Either bribe this person or discredit him/her so that they seem as insane as their claim sounds. Maybe arrange a traffic accident down the line to clean things up.