From Rabble to Regal

Old Jun 20 '17, 4:25am
Aspiring Author

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
From Rabble to Regal

From Rabble to Regal - Forum
Pathfinder

From Rabble to Regal

Introduction"Rags to riches, nothing to something, the cycle continues. A ladder that most cannot traverse is open once again, and it appears that you are present to answer the call. Your existence in Lumene has been run-of-the-mill, or perhaps not so much, but you now have the opportunity to become something greater! You can ascend to the ranks of kings and heroes. But will you?"
You find yourself starting off in the simple town of Cortemir. Whether you have lived there since birth, moved there later on, or just arrived during your travels, Cortemir presents itself as a welcoming place. Within the past few days, pamphlets and letters have been showing up everywhere. The town notice board, in small bins outside of the local taverns, up in shop windows, even slid underneath your door. Each one is the same: purple paper, white ink, and a picture of a blank, expressionless face. It calls for those willing to take up the mantle of adventurer to meet in the basement of one of the taverns by the eve of the next full moon to receive their calling.

Now most of these pamphlets have ended up in waste barrels or just left in the dirt, neglected. But you held on to yours. Perhaps wanderlust beckons you away from home. Maybe you wish to aspire to something more than your daily routine. It is finally the eve of the next full moon. You are on your way to the designated tavern.

◄═══════════════►

... and that is where we pick up for this adventure. I want to craft a story in an open world where 5 characters will experience the joys (and perils) of adventuring. This will include amassing wealth, exploring locations, and perhaps even creating a stronghold. Maybe the players will even become nobles, appointed by a higher power or through self-assertion.

I'm interested in active players who can post at least a few times a week. The ideal player is someone who can put in the effort, be engaged, and be part of a journey that has elements of storytelling, roleplaying, and combat. The setting is more geared towards medieval European experiences, characters, and technology. Character creation guidelines can be found here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=404700 . Bear with me: I'm a little rusty.

Game Description:

Rags to riches, nothing to something, the cycle continues. A ladder that most cannot traverse is open once again, and it appears that you are present to answer the call. Your existence in Lumene has been run-of-the-mill, or perhaps not so much, but you now have the opportunity to become something greater! You can ascend to the ranks of kings and heroes. But will you?

Welcome to 'From Rabble to Regal,' the Pathfinder game that follows characters from their first call to adventure to their death. Paths will be taken, wealth and power accumulated, and perhaps even a kingdom created. What will your legend be? Let's find out!

Last edited by Endometric; Jun 20 '17 at 6:11am..
Does this take place in Golarion? If not, can you tell us a little bit about the world? Major political powers, deities, factions, etc? Thanks much!

Sure! I just recently answered this question in the OOC.

The pantheon of Gods will follow the standard Pathfinder deities along with a few Norse and Celtic additions. Those will come later on. The world at large is in a stand-still. A number of the kingdoms in the immediate area are deliberating over how to handle the Vrelluniel Empire, a major power to the south, kept at bay by a mountain range and a number of independent groups of sword brothers.

Cortemir, this starting town, is located in the Dutchy of Hodovy. The Dutchy is independent, but the nearby Kingdom of Aetreton is looking to acquire it through diplomatic means. Duke Orvar Brilan is close friends with the King of Aetreton, King Arri Kandill, so much so that the Duke may receive an arranged marriage with King Arri's second daughter, Princess Adphyra. While a number of younger citizens of the Dutchy are pleased with this possibility, the court of Duke Orvar generally isn't too happy about it because Adphyra is a Half-Elf, while her Father and supposed mother are both full-blood Humans.

The Dutchy has a temperate climate, experiences four seasons, and is currently enjoying an early Summer. Farmers are harvesting their spring plantings and anyone who can manage it is enjoying a few moments each day in the warm weather.

Oooh, looks interesting!
Are you willing to accept someone who does not know the system or do you prefer experienced pathfinder players?

Very interesting. Most of my current games are dead or dying, so I think I'll give this one a shot.

@SeanfallYes, I will be allowing gunslingers.

@HolygoshI am willing to do so. If you have any experience with D&D 3.5e, it'll be a relatively smooth transition.