Feng Shui In Space - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Feng Shui In Space

Feng Shui In Space

So I'm in the mood to punch things and I like Outlaw Star. I'm of a mind to run a game of Feng Shui 2 set in a wide, weird space setting using Discord. I was wondering how many people would be interested in something like this.

Cool idea, but I don't think mythweavers likes it when you advertise for games outside of mythweavers

I would be interested in this. Outlaw Star would definitely be doable with Feng Shui 2, but I don't think the myth is going t like you advertising for a game off site,

As per the literally site-wide rules change announcement, you can run games via voice as long as they're using MW for something, such as campaign logs or npc writeups or whatever.

We'll use MW for sheets and planning and the like. But Feng Shui is difficult to do over PbP so I'd rather do it over voice.

The main reason to use PbP over voice is that you don't have schedules that can sync up, or you prefer it as a creative writing exercise. It's slower, leads to loss of interest and game dieoff, and is far more difficult to create a coherent story in. Those stories/games that do tend to survive tend to be about 0.1-1% of the ones that start and also move incredibly slowly - a single arc can take years to complete, where it would be banged out in 5-6 weekly sessions otherwise.

Until recently mythweavers had a strict policy of 'only games played entirely by pbp on mythweavers using no outside anything can be advertised here'. Possibly due to falling game adverts due to the rise of sites like obsidian portal and roll20, that's changed quite notably to a much different policy.

Ergo you'll get both people who haven't payed attention to that rules change (which as you've seen will be disruptive as they'll claim it's against the rules and other people will not post/not sign up due to fear of breaking the rules) as well as a lack of people wanting to use voice if advertising on MW (many of them having moved elsewhere due to rules against that), and of course that more obscure systems like Feng Shui are far less likely to get interest in MW than DnD.

Given that there's typically like 15 signups for each spot in a game, though, you might still be alright.

I'd still advertise this on the Fen Shui forums (if they have them) and/or roll20 in addition to MW though even if you're intending to use MW to store campaign logs/sheets/fluff/materials etc.

I want to know what kind of schedule you're looking at. Personally I've had a lot success with PbP specifically because my schedule does not sync well, but I'd be interested if it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejakor View Post
As per the literally site-wide rules change announcement, you can run games via voice as long as they're using MW for something, such as campaign logs or npc writeups or whatever.
I'm aware of this rule, I was just under the impression that he/she wanted to do it entirely off site