A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Termination Booth - Myth-Weavers

Notices

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Termination Booth

Old Feb 28 '18, 5:28pm

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Termination Booth

A Funny Thing Happened - Forum
Paranoia

Haven't I Seen You Around Here?Why yes, you have! We have a game currently in progress, and we've lost a Troubleshooter. I'm currently looking for 1-2 players to help fill out the team. Feel free to check it out the game, the current team, and the current mission!

System DetailsThis is an advertisement for the Paranoia roleplaying game, specifically the Paranoia: Troubleshooters 25th anniversary edition of the rules by Mongoose Publishing. Don't know what that is, or don't have access to the book? Never fear! Everything you need to know will be provided to you.

I will be running the mission A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Termination Booth, which is a great introduction to the Paranoia: Troubleshooters roleplaying game, the Alpha Complex setting and of course, your friend The Computer! The goal is to provide a little structure to the mayhem you're sure to cause.

So What Is "Paranoia" Anyway?You'll find details about the game, characters and a metric ton of information about the Paranoia game, life in Alpha Complex and being a Troubleshooter in the game forum. Knowledge of the rules is not required! New players are encouraged to apply!

Application Process & Player ExpectationsPlease post your interest and any questions you may have in the New Clone Orientation thread. There's a link to a great character generator, I highly encourage you to check it out and use it to generate your own Troubleshooter. Don't like the results? Try again. Try 100 times. No one is keeping track!

Daily weekday posts are expected (more or less), and while intermittent absences or missed posts are to be expected, any trend of slow or missed posts will result in termination. The game will make heavy use of private tags, as many of your actions, abilities, motivations or communications with The Computer or various citizens of Alpha Complex will be secret. Harassment of characters within the context of the game is expected, and encouraged; harassment of players will not be tolerated. Interesting, plot-progressing posts are expected, and encouraged; trends of uninteresting or un-fun posts will result in termination.

Fun is mandatory.

Final WordsSince the game is already in progress, I'd like you to provide a short story about your character's promotion (or demotion), both to serve as an introduction to your character and as an evaluation of your creativity and posting style. The game has been really fun so far! Look forward to seeing you in Alpha Complex!

Game Description:

Security Clearance RED
Security Clearance RED
WARNING:
Knowledge or possession of this information by any citizen of Security Clearance INFRARED or lower is treason punishable by prolonged disintegration, starting with your toes.

Greetings, RED Citizen!

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Termination Booth is a mission for the Paranoia: Troubleshooters roleplaying game.

The Computer has promoted you from your previous INFRARED Clearance to your new and exciting RED Clearance. Your new security clearance signifies The Computer's benevolent trust in you. The Computer is your friend!

As a result of your heroic actions on your last Troubleshooter mission, you've been given a special bonus reward! Rejoice! You have, in fact, been given booth-side tickets to the upcoming public execution of known and thought criminal Herman-G! Wow! What an honor! Everyclone who's anyclone will be attending the execution and you've got the best seats in the house.

You arrive at the RFC Sector ShinyBoot Memorial Execution Center & FunBall stadium and stand in line for only five hours before you arrive at the ticket checkpoint. Everyone got their tickets handy?

STAY ALERT!

TRUST NO ONE!

KEEP YOUR LASER HANDY!

A couple of questions about settings for the random generator, Friend Computer.

I, of course, have no idea what any of this means, but what should the Play Style and use of material from The Mutant Experience be set to?

Service Group, Secret Society and Stats set to random?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
A couple of questions about settings for the random generator, Friend Computer.

I, of course, have no idea what any of this means, but what should the Play Style and use of material from The Mutant Experience be set to?

Service Group, Secret Society and Stats set to random?
Your questions have been addressed in the Clone Tank threat, Troubleshooter.

Thank you, Friend Computer.

And yes, what with Friend Xenh and all, my Clone Tank has become rather threatening....

There's a FunBall game happening right now, the Troubleshooters are about to get clobbered. If you hurry and complete your character, I can have you decant into the middle of the carnage!