Designing a homebrew for governmental play - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Designing a homebrew for governmental play

Designing a homebrew for governmental play

So, I was thinking about doing a homebrew'd government game. The players would be the ministers of a nation, and work together as a sort of privy council to run the show. Tonight's bombing of a civil war/sectarian deathmatch/proxy conflict in Syria by a failing empire and its global allies pushes that to the front of my mind.

Thread here: just musing.

It would have a bit of behind-the-scenes managing of domestic constituencies, while passing edicts and conducting diplomacy (domestic and international). There might be some intra-team budget battles or political maneuvering, but mostly everyone should be pulling in the same direction.

Who would be into helping me make a simple system to execute this effectively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftglass View Post
So, I was thinking about doing a homebrew'd government game. The players would be the ministers of a nation, and work together as a sort of privy council to run the show. Tonight's bombing of a civil war/sectarian deathmatch/proxy conflict in Syria by a failing empire and its global allies pushes that to the front of my mind.

Thread here: just musing.

It would have a bit of behind-the-scenes managing of domestic constituencies, while passing edicts and conducting diplomacy (domestic and international). There might be some intra-team budget battles or political maneuvering, but mostly everyone should be pulling in the same direction.

Who would be into helping me make a simple system to execute this effectively?
Here's my help.

Some of my friends recently got into Legend of Five Rings (the new card game, though it has/had a tabletop form too) and as far as I can understand, you're pretty much playing multiple clans in the same empire, with all the intrigue and backstabbings and assassinations. Might be something to look into?

The chaos that ensues with people given the option of cooperating together, but is not forced to do so, is always leading to some fun times. My latest example would have been when I last played a computer game called Overcooked. Four chefs working together to get orders out. Hilarity ensues as the kitchen (quite literally) catches fire.