[COMPLETE] Seith Hansabel - Myth-Weavers

Notices

[COMPLETE] Seith Hansabel

[COMPLETE] Seith Hansabel

In BriefName: Seith Hansabel
Class: Paladin (Holy Guide/Holy Tactician)
Race: Human
Ht./Wt.: 5'9"/160 lbs.
Hair/Eyes: Brown/Blue
Social Background: Noble
Weapon of Choice: Lucerne Hammer

"My responsibility to my family comes first, and that responsibility means living up to my brother's example. Everything else is secondary."

Appearance

Personality

Background

Stat Block

Hansabel Family

Barony of Wehrborg

Summer Schedule

I appreciate how you were able to work two harsh realities of the setting (the constant conflicts with a neighboring superpower and the fact that the railway is not immune to accidents) into a backstory that you've otherwise completely made up. I have no problems believing that a character like this could exist in the Erebonia the games depict, which is certainly a good thing. So yeah, the fluff is looking pretty good: as part of a self-imposed rule, I will only evaluate the crunch after I've made my selection, but good work so far. If you want to expand on it some more, by all means feel free to, but to reiterate, what you have so far already is pretty great

Thanks! I aim to please. I'll have to invent a name for this barony, and probably add some more detail to the Hansabel family members. Well, except Taern, since he's conveniently dead. Or is he? oooOOOoooOOOOOoooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Cook View Post
I can help with that if you want.
Sure! What did you have in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parhaius View Post
Sure! What did you have in mind?
The fact is that the Kreuzen Province is not expanded upon a lot in the games: like, it is explicitly stated to be immense, but in the end only three cities of the whole province are ever mentioned: Bareahard (the capital where the Archduke lives), Legram (ruled by the Arseid family, whose scion you'll meet during the game), and Celdic, a major commercial outpost that is located quite far from the border with the Republic.

So yeah, when it comes to coming up with a county/barony located near the border, the games don't offer much material to base your work on: on the one hand, this leaves you a lot of freedom in creating, but on the other hand, there i the risk that you could go overboard and create stuff that doesn't fit in the setting at all. What you've done so far proves that you can be trusted with creating something that is not excessive and makes sense within the story... But just in case, I recommend you do some research about two important landmarks before proceeding: the Twin Dragons Bridge and Garrelia Fortress. However, watch out for major spoilers if you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Cook View Post
The fact is that the Kreuzen Province is not expanded upon a lot in the games: like, it is explicitly stated to be immense, but in the end only three cities of the whole province are ever mentioned: Bareahard (the capital where the Archduke lives), Legram (ruled by the Arseid family, whose scion you'll meet during the game), and Celdic, a major commercial outpost that is located quite far from the border with the Republic.

So yeah, when it comes to coming up with a county/barony located near the border, the games don't offer much material to base your work on: on the one hand, this leaves you a lot of freedom in creating, but on the other hand, there i the risk that you could go overboard and create stuff that doesn't fit in the setting at all. What you've done so far proves that you can be trusted with creating something that is not excessive and makes sense within the story... But just in case, I recommend you do some research about two important landmarks before proceeding: the Twin Dragons Bridge and Garrelia Fortress. However, watch out for major spoilers if you do!
Shucks. There goes my idea for a land of rainbow-poopin' unicorns and pink bubblegum trees. I guess I'll have to make it more setting consistent.

Seriously, though, thanks! This helps, and I'll do some brainstorming to see if maybe I can work some of the existing game elements in. And no worries about the spoilers, I managed to step on that landmine a while ago.

Slow day at work - I was able to detail the family members and some important locations in the Barony a bit more, plus come up with a specific location for it. And a name! I came up with a name!