Notices

Feng Shui 2: Hong Kong Strong!

Old Oct 9 '18, 8:30am
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Feng Shui 2: Hong Kong Strong!

Feng Shui 2: Hong Kong Strong - Forum
Miscellaneous

Hi there, I've decided to start a Feng Shui 2 game on this forum. Players of any experience level are welcome but please be aware that I am fairly new to the system myself so expect a few mistakes from time to time. Constructive criticism is welcome too and the only thing that would really make me not consider someone's application is if they are rude or disrespectful to me or other players. If you have any questions for me that aren't answered elsewhere please post them in this thread. The OOC thread in the game forum is intended for actual players.

Character creation in Feng Shui 2 is dead simple, so hopefully that will ease the process. Just pick an archetype that appeals to you, provided no one else has picked it, come up with a suitable background, character concept and melodramatic hook and you're good to go.

I am looking for about 4 players who can post at least a couple of times a week. Applications will be considered probably up to the end of the month, say the 29th of October. However, if I don't receive enough applicants this time period will probably be extended.

Game Description:

It's 2018. You are just one of millions of people residing in Hong Kong, trying to make your own way however you are able, just like any other man or woman on this rocky ball of mud we call Earth. However, tonight that all changes. You are about to be confronted with a whole new world you never knew existed your entire life, that will change the way you see everything for all time.

There is nothing you can do to avoid this fate and yet, for some of you, this is more of an opportunity than a challenge, to be embraced with both hands rather than kept as far away from your person as possible. After all, in the world of Feng Shui motivations are as varied and diverse as the creatures that inhabit it, and it's that kind of diversity that causes so much good and evil in equal measure in the strange and violent conflict known as the Chi War.

That war, by the way, is one you are going to become intimately familiar with in the near future provided you are capable of enduring the hardships it will put you through and lucky for you, you just happen to be one of the biggest badasses on the planet and more than capable of looking after yourself. To make the odds even more even, you're going to become part of a group of equally-talented people who, regardless of background or motivation, all share the common goal of kicking bad guy butt and looking damn good doing it.

I've always wanted to play Feng Shui, but I've never gotten the chance. I am an unabashed fan of the sort of showy, over-the-top melodramatic action that the series encourages, so I'm going to throw my hat into the ring on this one - please correct me if you seeing any mistakes with the mechanics, and I'll try not to make the same mistakes twice!

I'm thinking of a mystical martial artist character - I do love my magic Kung Fu, and this is an appropriate venue for it, I think. I'll probably go with an over-the-top iron-jawed dispenser of magical fist justice. The kind of guy who spouts really terrible one-liners, but rarely gets called on them because everyone else is too busy looking for a fresh pair of trousers (though I'm not sure how long the stoicism will last. I have a hard time writing characters who aren't at least a little self-aware.)

The book is gorgeous, I've picked it up when it was released but never got a chance to play. I'm not sure if I have time for another game, but I'm considering applying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwes View Post
I'm not sure if I have time for another game, but I'm considering applying.
That's exactly where I'm at as well.

Appletoe, do you have a general tone or theme for your bullet riddled, kung-fu madness do you have in mind? Outside of favoring the Modern juncture, any archetypes we should avoid?

Feng Shui, oh now that's a throwback from years ago... I want in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginx View Post
Feng Shui, oh now that's a throwback from years ago... I want in!!
Feng Shui 2, note.

yes Feng Shui 2...after all these years it would make sense

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised by the level of interest in this game. I thought I wouldn't get as much due to this being a somewhat obscure RPG but it seems that's not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
Appletoe, do you have a general tone or theme for your bullet riddled, kung-fu madness do you have in mind? Outside of favoring the Modern juncture, any archetypes we should avoid?
Tone is pretty much like in the book: Tongue-in-cheek but a generally serious tone despite that, kind of like the Marvel films. As for archetypes, I would prefer people to pick ones from or that can be made to fit the modern juncture but if you really want to pick an archetype from a past or future juncture I'm sure something can be worked out.