Notices

Wrath of the Kobolds

Old Oct 31 '18, 1:35am
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wrath of the Kobolds

Wrath of the Kobolds - Forum
Pathfinder

Hey gals and guys, this ad is for Cut to the Chase Games adventure series, Wrath of the Kobolds. The adventure has inspiration from nuances from old D&D adventures. A group of four characters will go from simple travelers to heroes in their own right. We'll start with the prelude to the series called Night of the Mad Kobold then finishing with the Revenge of the Over-Kobold. How will your characters fare against the Kobold menace in this classic feeling adventure?

What I am looking for is four to possibly six players to complete this series. I have always started it up but never gotten passed the first module so I am hoping to change that. Characters will start off as level one and may end the adventure around fourth or fifth level. If everyone enjoys the game and wishes to use their characters again, I have a continuation in mind. But that's me getting a head of myself. With this game I am only looking for Paizo classes (including the 3rd pp Antipaladin archetype, Dark Angel that lets you play as a good aligned Antipaladin) and that does include the Occult classes, Shfiter, and the Vigilante. And props to you if you can pull off vigilante. Look into the Character Application thread for more details.

Your adventure will start in the town of Cresthill governed by a prestigious gnomish family for generations called House of Kelver. The town sits on the Greywand river allowing the town to be a prominent trading hub. But tonight is a celebration of the youngest of House Kelver turning 50. The town is known for their fireworks and they mean to put on a show. And given the occasion, many of the guardsmen are stationed at the House of Kelver's residence enjoying the spoils of the party. Surely nothing could ruin this night of celebration.

Game Description:

Going through the Wrath of the Kobolds adventure starting with the prequel Night of the Mad Kobold.

Night of the Mad Kobold (Wrath of the Kobolds #0)
A quiet night in a town turns into a race against time! One insane kobold holds the key to stopping an explosive disaster but tracking him down is going to take brains and brawn. Can you find out the truth before the end of the NIGHT OF THE MAD KOBOLD?

Cave of the Kobold Queen (Wrath of the Kobolds #1)
The town of Ormkirk is in peril! Plagued by marauding kobolds that have been kidnapping townsfolk in the night, the townmaster of Ormkirk needs brave adventurers to end the pint-sized menace and return the kidnapped men. But what evil awaits you in the CAVES OF THE KOBOLD QUEEN?

Curse of the Kobold Eye (Wrath of the Kobolds #2)
What strange curse has befallen you? And what does it have to do with an ancient kobold legend? The answers to these questions lie on a dangerous journey into history and its pint-sized makers as you confront the sinister nature of the CURSE OF THE KOBOLD EYE!

Revenge of the Over-Kobold (Wrath of the Kobolds #3)
Danger strikes from the mountains! Rumors of great tribes of kobolds gathering under the leadership of a single commander spread across the land. who but a brave band of adventurers can put a stop to these pint-sized menaces and end the ... REVENGE OF THE OVER-KOBOLD?

Not gonna lie, that title made me think this was going to be a Wrath of the Righteous game with an all kobold party. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFord View Post
Not gonna lie, that title made me think this was going to be a Wrath of the Righteous game with an all kobold party. XD
Why didn't I think of that! But unfortunately no, it's just kobolds being well kobolds.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for this.

It'll be interesting!

awww, at first I was thinking this might have been an all kobold adventure (similar to We be Goblins, except for kobolds, lol)

Wrath of the Righteous with Kobolds sounds like an excellent idea!

This looks cool too, but now I just have this image of a large mob of Kobolds swarming all over the Worldwound slaying demons whilst the crusaders are just standing around in befuddlement.

Kobolds vs the Worldwound... That needs to happen.

Well, if we dip into Races of the Dragon Kobold interpretation, with a dash of Tucker's Kobolds... Yeah, that would end up being thematically something akin a fantasy adaptation of a war movie set on the Eastern Front of WWII with a big helping of Vietnam - with the Kobold hordes using a combination of unending numbers and PTSD-inducing ambushing and fiendish trap-laying to cause the demons to nope back to the Abyss.