Planar Portal - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Planar Portal

I've been playing Planescape recently and I might be interested in a Plane-hopping game. Do you have a rough idea of the plot / themes etc? Or would this game be more like a sandbox campaign? If it's possible to know, it would help with adjusting my expectations.

Path of war disallowed? This makes me sad. Martial characters never get nice things

I assume Path of War archtypes are out too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladim View Post
I've been playing Planescape recently and I might be interested in a Plane-hopping game. Do you have a rough idea of the plot / themes etc? Or would this game be more like a sandbox campaign? If it's possible to know, it would help with adjusting my expectations.
Sandbox, as most games like this, your main base of Operation would be in Yulgamot with the planar keystone would allow your group to travel back to this location rather easily.

While the main plot is of course to assemble the Rod of Seven Parts, not everything that your character does will be associated with it.

In a classic planescape/planar fashion, it will involve your group making alliance/enemies with the various denizen of the planes, from outsiders, demigods or even in the right circumstances, the gods themselves.

Exploration of exotic places would be part of the fun too and how your group deals with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
Path of war disallowed? This makes me sad. Martial characters never get nice things

I assume Path of War archtypes are out too?
Yeah Path of War is out, including archetypes.

Legendary games did remake a lot of martial classes (Their legendary fighter is very nice) and Little Red Goblin has at least 3 alternate paths Martial Books, which are pretty nice.

Thanks for the quick answer!

I'll consider it, though to be honest I have a slight preference for narrative-driven games with an overarching plot over sandbox (I have seen many sandbox games fail), and I am usually picky about the themes and opening premise (Planescape Torment is a particularly good example with its strong focus on the 'What can change the nature of man?' theme).

Perhaps I missed this, but what sort of posting rate will you be expecting? 1 post per day like most games in Myth Weavers?

Thanks for your time and effort and for replying to my questions! It is highly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladim View Post
Thanks for the quick answer!

I'll consider it, though to be honest I have a slight preference for narrative-driven games with an overarching plot over sandbox (I have seen many sandbox games fail), and I am usually picky about the themes and opening premise (Planescape Torment is a particularly good example with its strong focus on the 'What can change the nature of man?' theme).

Perhaps I missed this, but what sort of posting rate will you be expecting? 1 post per day like most games in Myth Weavers?

Thanks for your time and effort and for replying to my questions! It is highly appreciated!
One post per day is the anticipated post rate, with most likely slowdown during the weekend. Yeah, Sandbox can be hit or miss, at least my main goal would be to offer the party complications/hooks and let your group decides how to deal with it. With access to the planes, there are many ways to deal with obstacles.

Can i be from the planes?

I recently found this..... http://guilesworld.com/role-playing-...ion-abilities/

I loooooove Planescape

Resisting the urge to barrage you with rapid fire questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakestendor View Post
Can i be from the planes?

I recently found this..... http://guilesworld.com/role-playing-...ion-abilities/

I loooooove Planescape

Resisting the urge to barrage you with rapid fire questions
You can be from the planes. There are many people living in the planes. Spire's Edge, Yugalmot, Shadow Absalom just to cite a few places with people from the planes.

Questions are fine, don't be shy.

Pretty cool link.

Ive collected
Alot of planescape links... I'll shoot em yer way

Can I be a cager? AKA from Sigil?

And I wanna play a tiefling (kyton-spawn) sorceror... shadow bloodline... not evil... i dont care enough to be evil