Character Creation/Campaign Questions Here - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Character Creation/Campaign Questions Here

Character Creation/Campaign Questions Here

Got questions? Ask away.

The game will be PbP on Myth Weavers but a Discord channel for Riftwar conversations has been created. Feel free to join HERE.

@Peacemonger asked the following. Trying to keep all Q&A here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemonger View Post
Definite interest, especially as Magician: Apprentice was the first fantasy book I ever read. Still lots of concepts going through my mind, and plenty of time, but figured I'd ask about a few Unearthed Arcana things to potentially narrow things down:

-Artificer and Mystic
-Skill feats
-Racial restrictions (Battlerager = Dwarf only, Bladesinger = Elf and Half-Elf only)
Looking now.

@Peacemonger

Artificer is approved but no Gunsmith subclass - alchemist only. No firearms in this game.

Mystic is not approved.

I'll look at skill feats on a case-by-case basis. Let me know what you're interested in.

Racial restrictions for Battlerager and Bladesinger remain.

Looks awesome Rev.

Any possibility of adopting 'Ability Check Proficiency' or 'Background Proficiency' variant rules described in DMG, pg 263-264?

Never tried it myself but am curious whether those would benefit the RP aspect, especially in a game like this where you're picking 4 classic roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev73 View Post
@Peacemonger

Artificer is approved but no Gunsmith subclass - alchemist only. No firearms in this game.

Mystic is not approved.

I'll look at skill feats on a case-by-case basis. Let me know what you're interested in.

Racial restrictions for Battlerager and Bladesinger remain.
That does help narrow things down. Thinking on the few floating ideas still left, these are the two that I could see myself interested in: Perceptive and Quick-Fingered

@Cobbett - I think I’m going to stick with normal skill proficiencies.
@Peacemonger - those two UA skill feats are fine but I think the expertise is a shot to bards and rogues. I’ll allow them to have the attribute increase and special ability but the skill benefit will allow a permanent +2 - not double proficiency. If someone w expertise takes it they would be uber expert.