Winter Is Here!

Old Feb 3 '19, 11:34am
Wyrm

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Winter Is Here!

Reign of Winter - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion

Welcome!

Hello! I am looking for five enthusiastic adventurers and one assistant Game Master to play through the Reign of Winter AP written by Paizo. The game centers around a mysterious snowstorm that strikes near the village of Heldren in the nation of Taldor. You will encounter all types of monsters and even the fearsome White Witches of Irrisen by the adventures end. Will you be able to keep the world from being cast into eternal winter? There's only one way to find out!

About Me

I have been on Myth-Weavers for a number of years now and I have been playing and running role-playing games for even longer. The very first system I ever learned was Pathfinder. In fact, my very first adventure was this very same Adventure Path that I am planning to run now. I am also a current member of the U.S. Armed Forces and will be for the next two and a half years. I do not plan to make it a career and will be getting out when my contract is up. I am currently plugging away at an online Bachelors degree. I enjoy writing on the side and plan to eventually finish the umpteen fiction novel ideas I have collecting cobwebs on my computer.

I am coming off of a long-ish hiatus and I am trying my hardest to not bite off more than I can chew. That is part of the reason why I am looking for an assistant GM, which leads me to the next part...

Assistant GM

This is my first time doing something like this, so rather than listing off my ideas for your responsibilities, I'd rather talk about it individually and decide that way. So if you're interested, please feel free to PM me.

Players

There are a few expectations that I want to lay out first:

What You Can Expect From This Game
  • A linear-story with little to no sandboxiness.
  • A balanced game of role-play and combat. This will involve me removing some encounters from the game in an effort to keep the game flowing.
  • A casual game with no pressure to keep up an unreasonably fast pace.

What You Should Not Expect
  • I will not be making a game post every single day. My job in the military and my other responsibilities preclude me from that. So do not expect a fast posting rate.
  • Do not expect any PVP to happen. This isn't a gladiator arena.
  • Do not expect this to be an Evil game. If your character sounds like a jerk, they're not getting accepted.

What I Expect Of The Players
  • I expect a good attitude and patience with my military schedule.
  • I expect adherence to the Myth-Weavers Site Rules.
  • If you know that you will be unable to post for long period of time, let me and your fellow players know. We all understand that life happens and this is only a game. We will welcome you back with open arms.
  • If you aren't able to continue or just no longer wish to play, just let me know. You don't have to give me a reason. Just let me know so I can find another player.

Character Creation
You can find the guidelines below and here.

The deadline for all finalized applications is February 22nd.

EDIT: I have decided that, due to the sheer influx of applications, I will be closing the Game Ad and, as a result, will not be accepting any more new applications. The ad closing and final cut-off date for new character threads will be Sunday, February 10th at 11:59 PM (Mountain Standard Time).

If you already have initial character thread started before then, you are fine. Final Character Applications will be due by Sunday, February 17th at 11:59 PM (Mountain Standard Time). If your final application does not have the appropriately formatted title, I will assume the character is not ready for review. If you need me to change your title and move you over to finished characters, just let me know in either your character thread or in the Character Discussion thread.

Game Description:

The Snows of Summer

Every 100 years, the Witch Queen Baba Yaga returns to the nation of Irrisen to place a new daughter on the throne, but this time, something has gone wrong. Far to the south, an unseasonable winter cloaks the forest near the village of Heldren with summer snows. When the heroes venture into the wood in search of a missing noblewoman, they discover a magical portal to the frozen land of Irrisen, whose magical winter will soon engulf all of Golarion unless they can discover the fate of the otherworldly witch Baba Yaga, a quest that will take them through snowbound Irrisen to even stranger lands beyond.

Last edited by Arcticus; Feb 11 '19 at 7:16am..
YES! SO much yes. I'll be revising my druid Claudia for this. I was kind of already thinking of having a little RoW crossover in mind when I made her as a sample character for my current JR group.

Just a quick update, there are already a lot of applications, but only a few that are completed. If you're interested, please stop on by and take a gander at the Creation Guidelines.

I am also still looking for a Co-GM. If you're interested, please feel free to shoot me a PM and we can chat about it.

Arcticus! Long time, no see! Welcome back to the Weave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Wizkrd View Post
Arcticus! Long time, no see! Welcome back to the Weave!
Hey, Electric! It has been a while. I had to take a bit of a sabbatical. My brain was just fried. Still is, but I've learned to function with the sizzling sound in my head, at least.

This game ad is officially closed. I will not be accepting any new application threads. Thank you all for your interest!