1. What game system are you running and if applicable what edition?
In the year 21xx, humans have become an endangered species. The planet has become a barren wasteland due to The Aether, a debilitating poisonous fog that has encompassed the entire world due to the pollution caused by previous generations. Inhaling even a little bit of it has caused one’s sanity to slowly slip away if they didn’t immediately die from exposure. The miasma’s infectious touch has mutated previous life forms into far more dangerous ones which eventually overwhelmed the world.
The city of Ehn’gha, surrounded by an artificial dome which expels the miasma, is where the human survivors of the Aether outbreak have colonized. Only about a hundred humans make up the total population and virtually everybody knows each other. Daily life has become very simplistic but due to the ravenous monsters outside the city walls it has become increasingly apparent that resources will start to dwindle rather soon.
The Lith’gha, researchers from Ehn’gha devoted to studying the Aether, are well aware of this fact and have been working tirelessly to provide a solution. A solution that has finally come within reach. With a plan devised, the Lith’gha have sent out a request to any brave denizens left in Ehn’gha willing to put their life on the line to save the future of humanity.
For whatever reasons, you are one of the few that heed the call.
The future of humanity rests upon your shoulders brave one. Tread carefully.
D&D 4th Edition
2. What ‘type’ or variant of game will it be ? What is the setting for the game?
The players will start in the city of Ehn’gha and venture into the Aether filled world outside of it. Since it takes place in 21xx, there will be some futuristic elements as well. It will not be uncommon to see robotic dragons and flying vehicles in this campaign. Inspired by the “Shin Megami Tensei” videogame series, “Remnants of the Aether” will feature artwork by Kazuma Kaneko and Soejima Shigenori as well as the iconic ability to utilize enemies as Demon Allies.
2b. What is Shin Megami Tensei?
Only one of the most controversial/original series of RPG’s ever to grace consoles. http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten.htm
3. How many Players are you looking for?
One of each core class.
4. What is the characters’ starting status?
5. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Level 7 (10000 exp) and a +1 Magatama bonus to any ability score of your choice. One Level 8 Magic Item, A Level 7 Magic Item and a Level 6 Magic Item + 1800 gp
6. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want… or do not want?
All classes are welcome from the Core 4th Edition Player’s Handbook.
7. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game?
All races are welcome from the Core 4th Edition Player’s Handbook though if you are not human you will be introduced outside of Ehn’gha.
8. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Any method is fine with me.
9. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
If you are human you cannot be Evil.
10. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
It’s fine with me.
11. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about?
Non-Human classes will NOT be allowed into the city of Ehn’gha. They are allowed up to 3 demon allies and have an easier time negotiating with demons. They may also be evil.
Human classes will only be allowed one demon ally and will have a harder time negotiating with demons however, they will receive free gear every visit to Ehn’gha.
12. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular?
It’s not required though it would only benefit you to make one yourself. You’ll get further attached to your character and it will be easier to decipher your character’s motives. Any backstories crafted by you will also have an impact on the larger story.
13. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
There will be an equal combination of the three though it does lean a little on the hack ’n slash side.
14. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements?
This is a playtest for an IRL group so I request that all players adhere only to the CORE 4th Edition Player’s Handbook and nothing more. We do make use of the WOTC rule compendium/errata though.
Though I restrict the usage of expansion books don’t take that as a restriction to your imagination. Being a city from the future there will be many sci-fi elements to this campaign. Feel free to make an Android Eladrin or have a laser gun take the place of a crossbow. (Just adhere to the same rules as that race or weapon obviously.)