Well, I've decided to play test this system that I've invented.
Here it is; take a look over the rules and tell me if you like them - http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=117361
Here's the rules
1. Give a name to your lord/lady and create a bio.
2. Choose a race that'll comprise your initial populace. View the link for more info on races and their benefits, etc.
3. You each begin with 1000 peasants in the kingdom of Heshirol. The empress who must not be named (some tradition to stop assassins; men simply refer to her as 'her grace' or 'the blue empress' with the color blue surmising mystery) has decided to sell off some land lots.
On request, a messenger has provided that current running bids (made by rival lords) average at 10 Gp for an empty acre to 1000 Gp for a very well defended acre that is overlooked by a patrol of the empress's elite hussars quite frequently. You are open to place bids for any type of your choosing, but the types of acres typically fall within that range.
4. The kingdom of heshirol comprises 10 million acres of arability total. It's population is 8 million, although it is welcome to influx immigration from outlier territories.
5. Everyone begins with 20,000 Gp.
So that's it. Anyone interested? If so, follow the rules above before making your first post.