Wiggly Wyrm

Small Men in a Big World - Step Forward to Volunteer

Small Men in a Big World - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e
Ad Closes: Nov 5 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Small Men in a Big World
A party of halflings sets out to rescue their kidnapped kinsfolk

Current PartyCloven "Guffo" Grainsburry – Lightfoot Protector (Ramrunner)
Altemen Tealeaf – Lightfoot Sun Priest (spazz451)
Camden "Hiccup" Barrowmarch – Lightfoot Protector (noobiegameplayer)
Smythe "Dirtfoot" – Lightfoot Rogue (sixgunninja)
James Lightfingers – Stout Rogue/Thief (Kerim)
Symond Athyew (Abelard) - Stout Sorcerer

Willing to take two more to make a maximum of eight characters.

Note: Playtest 4 is out and all characters will start using those rules now.

Current ApplicantsWIP denotes missing sections or listed as such. Others have all sections though feel free to continue to edit or add to them. I'll review them fully each time I choose players/characters

Barlow "Rabbit" Goodfellow (nolifeonline) - Lightfoot Sharpshooter - WIP
Rathdyn Olmsa - Stout Protector (Gingerbread)

Please let me know if you have added a character and don't see it added to this list within a few days.

Note: This game is taking rolling acceptance. We plan to accept no more than four players by the end of the first week (21st October) and then up to four more before the ad closes. We've decided to accept up to eight players for this game as that should provide more interaction whilst still being manageable.

Game Description:

The small village of Heawold is neither big nor special in any particular way. Whilst not prosperous the halflings who call it home are a generally very content lot. They live their lives busy producing fine wine and food that they enjoy as often as possible and occasionally trade to the dwarves of Nuledzar and the Goblins of Gorbul Town.

The dale they live in is quite safely tucked in between the Mountains to the North and West where little bar dwarves and the occasional grumpy giant live, the crowded trees of Ewnham forest to the East - the domain of Goblins but the have been peaceful for many years, and the cold broken tundra and forests to the south where very little bar tall and ancient trees grow and only the occasional bear roams.

However last night the village was raided. Sengo the sentry was struck from behind and sent tumbling out of his watch tower. The two nurseries-schools were entered and some sort of drugged rag was used on the inhabitants whilst they slept to keep them that way. All of the children around the ages of seven to fifteen and two of the nurses were taken.

Only those children whose turn it was to stay with their parents and those few in the small hospital remained safe.

A small party of villagers sets off to find and return the missing children and the two nurses. None has any illusions about the world outside the village being anything other than scary, unfriendly and outright dangerous. The furthest any of the villagers has been is to the dwarven city of Nuledzarís outer gate or to the edge of the Ewnham forest to trade.

Last edited by Cyco; Nov 4 '12 at 1:47pm..
I'm referring to the part where it says
Quote:
highly confidential to Wizards. You agree not to copy, excerpt, distribute (either in physical or digital format), publish, display, disseminate, release and/or transmit, in whole or in part
Basically I think we're meant to treat it like a PHB or GMH, not an srd. Any player that wants any info needs to sign up and download the packet themselves.
Sorry if I'm off track here, I just don't want us to cause any dramas for Myth-Weavers, mainly. They usually tell people not to post any info from any source that isn't freely available. Even though anyone can get access to this material, there are conditions to that access, which include providing them with contact details (a valid email address) and agreeing to the OPTA.
I would suggest asking an admin or mod. I'm honestly not trying to be a dick, but I feel like reporting the OP would get us a quick clarification from MW. I'll leave that for you to decide Cyco, since you agreed to the OPTA and made this thread.

I'm definitely going to put together a character for this game, and I'm kinda hoping you only get 5 apps, as my wife seems very interested as well, but she's a total newb, whereas I've made 3 IC posts in a 3.5e game, making me a comparative D&D expert

the fact 5e is a option may mean that it is okay , but am curoius how does it play . Is it new , or more of the same.

Ahh.. no issue there. This topic has already been discussed with admins and they have given approval since the wizards changed their agreement to include online play.

I probably should have specified that to obtain the rules and to be able to play this game it is required that you sign up for the playtest here.

Yes, everyone has to sign up for the playtest and download the rules themselves. This isn't a particularly high bar to clear. As to how it plays, it tries, with arguably some level of success, to capture more of an old school feel. It keeps a few of the better ideas from 4th edition (sort of healing surges, minor at will spells for casters), some stuff from 3rd (it's still based on a unified d20 system instead of the mish mash that infested earlier editions, there's still something like feats) but it streamlines and simplifies a lot of stuff.

I'm considering some sort of spell caster, maybe a warlock. I'll need to look stuff over.

*steps forward*
As mentioned before, definitely interested.

Main reason this game is 5e is that to me it allows a lot more flexibility in playstyle.

There are plenty of discussions about the differences but being that its still in playtest all that you may read may change somewhat.

Warlocks are out sorry and after today's legends and lore post at wizards I'd be very hesitant to take a sorcerer as sounds like they also won't be in the next playtest.

Posting interest, should have time to post an app tomorrow.

I DM a D&D Next game now in RL, love it. I have a character mostly complete on page 1 here. Still needs a lil work on the background & maybe some backstory qweeking as well

I'm only signing up because someone needs to be able to keep Rumrunner downwind to not offend others with his body odour

Signing up interest please -- I'm on the Playtest list so won't need anyone to "give" me the rules

Will go and reread the character creation for a shorty ... Fighter or Cleric for me