Edit History

Arklytte

Arklytte

9 hours ago, Paxon said:

Okay, so I went and made some revisions to the Driver actions after considering the vehicle rules a little more and balancing those with the tank as a creature and what a tank should be able to do. Go take a look at the Tank Rules thread and consider those to mostly supersede the answers I gave you above if they conflict. For the most part, the Tank moves like a creature (besides needing to account a little extra for which way it faces) and Combat Maneuvers more like a vehicle (it has no limbs for finesse stuff, but whenever it collides with something else, crushing and smashing ensues).

EDIT: Also given some of those changes I made, Smash might not be the best Brute talent to use, even if it apples Ram damage in the tank's case. V Overrun already basically does this, and V Bullrush can do it too if you beat by 5, so it's a little more redundant now and something else might be more effective.

Might I suggest Hammer?  This basically lets the tank Bull Rush critters/vehicles into other vehicles/critters/buildings/whatever, and the vehicle/critter being Bull Rushed takes extra damage from the impact, based on their size and how far they would have been pushed, had they not been slammed into another thing.  Basically, it's the old "We pinned him against the wall with the bumper...FLOOR IT!" trope.  🙂

And the damage is just that, extra damage, so it doesn't crit, doesn't count for Vital Strike, or anything else, it's just bonus damage based on pure kinetics.

If does cost Martial Focus, so it's not a total 'freebie'.  It can be taken a second time though, which removes the MF component, but that would be on the driver to take (and yes, I would totally take it if you chose this option), but that way, only someone skilled at driving her would have that bonus, not just anyone.  But they would still be able to slam stuff into other stuff, since that totally makes sense for a huge ass tank.  😄

Arklytte

Arklytte

9 hours ago, Paxon said:

Okay, so I went and made some revisions to the Driver actions after considering the vehicle rules a little more and balancing those with the tank as a creature and what a tank should be able to do. Go take a look at the Tank Rules thread and consider those to mostly supersede the answers I gave you above if they conflict. For the most part, the Tank moves like a creature (besides needing to account a little extra for which way it faces) and Combat Maneuvers more like a vehicle (it has no limbs for finesse stuff, but whenever it collides with something else, crushing and smashing ensues).

EDIT: Also given some of those changes I made, Smash might not be the best Brute talent to use, even if it apples Ram damage in the tank's case. V Overrun already basically does this, and V Bullrush can do it too if you beat by 5, so it's a little more redundant now and something else might be more effective.

Might I suggest Hammer?  This basically lets the tank Bull Rush critters/vehicles into other vehicles/critters/buildings/whatever, and the vehicle/critter being Bull Rushed takes extra damage from the impact, based on their size and how far they would have been pushed, had they not been slammed into another thing.  Basically, it's the old "We pinned him against the wall with the bumper...FLOOR IT!" trope.  🙂

And the damage is just that, extra damage, so it doesn't crit, doesn't count for Vital Strike, or anything else, it's just bonus damage based on pure kinetics.