Edit History

Arklytte

Arklytte

15 hours ago, Paxon said:

5: Oh man, hadn't considered War Paint yet. I suspect there are going to be lots of interesting cases. I mean, it really feels like it would make sense in some ways and not in others. Speed increase is the one I might have the hardest time justifying, and I have a feeling this is going to be turning into a crazy-fast tank in a variety of ways 😉 . Here's what I'll do: yes, warpaint can be applied to the tank. Some of the effects won't be relevant (i.e. it doesn't make perception rolls, so yellow is pointless), but most will. However, anything above Large size takes 2 doses of warpaint. Colossal and above would take 4, though I'm not sure that's ever going to be relevant. You can also use warpaint on Duende's bike. 

Since you made those changes to the Driver rules, none of the other questions really needed responses. I appreciate the clarifications though. 🙂

I was thinking of using the Green war paint on the Tank, pretty much all the time.  It allows Morale Bonuses to remain for 2 extra rounds.  Aid Another is a Morale bonus.  I think you see where I'm going with this.  If we're in the tank, and someone Aids Another (or uses some other Morale bonus), then that bonus would linger for 2 rounds after being given.  At least, that's how it seems to me.  If you agree, then consider that pretty much a given for what war paint is on the tank.

I was thinking of using said paint to repaint La Chancla on the main gun every day...a part of Doc's morning ritual.  😄

Also, apropos of nothing, I wanted to get your ruling/approval on a couple things.

I decided to not go with Mobile Striker, since it would require someone else to take the same talent, and would require constant coordination, in addition to potentially requiring both parties to take the same action, every round.  It was just too much of a headache.  I'll 'settle' for an increase in speed and a miss chance.  😄

I instead used that talent, and one other I dropped from Scout to get some Brute (Tank Only) talents.

One of the ones I took was Stampede, which lets you Charge (so long as you do a Bull Rush or Overrun, which is going to be pretty much all the time based on the new rules), and draw AOO's on said Charge.  Plus, it makes it so that noone can avoid an Overrun unless the driver chooses to let them.  I know that you added a partial version of this to the new rules, but it only applies to creatures of size Medium or smaller.  With Stampede, Doc can overrun pretty much everyone...or at least try to. 😈

I also added Focused Might, which lets you regain MF on a successful Shove.  Seemed like a good idea, since Doc will probably be expending his Martial Focus a lot to keep Moving Target and/or Hammer going. And that way, it also keeps the Crew MF free for someone else to use, since Doc can regain his MF simply by doing his thing.

Finally, I took Giant's Physique (and swapped out a feat for Extend Stance), which lets the Tank count as Colossal (technically Colossal+, but after Colossal you just get a bonus to CMB/CMD) for all it's maneuvers (and gives him a general CMB/CMD bonus, which is always nice). That way, when we inevitably run up against a kaiju...because you know you're going to throw one at us :D...he'll still be able to Bull Rush them, should he be batcrap crazy enough to try wish to, unless they're Colossal++, I suppose.  🙂

Anyway, reason for rattling all that off is to make sure that it's all kosher with you before I finalize my sheet.  Doc's basically ready, other than approval for those three talents.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot one.  He's also got Mobile Focus from Barrage, which lets you regain your MF when you move no more than half your speed in a round.  I took that as normal, since Doc needs a reliable way to regain MF for himself as well (turns out that several of his class features require MF to really work well 😛).  Anyway, would I be able to use that to regain the tank's MF as well?

Arklytte

Arklytte

15 hours ago, Paxon said:

5: Oh man, hadn't considered War Paint yet. I suspect there are going to be lots of interesting cases. I mean, it really feels like it would make sense in some ways and not in others. Speed increase is the one I might have the hardest time justifying, and I have a feeling this is going to be turning into a crazy-fast tank in a variety of ways 😉 . Here's what I'll do: yes, warpaint can be applied to the tank. Some of the effects won't be relevant (i.e. it doesn't make perception rolls, so yellow is pointless), but most will. However, anything above Large size takes 2 doses of warpaint. Colossal and above would take 4, though I'm not sure that's ever going to be relevant. You can also use warpaint on Duende's bike. 

Since you made those changes to the Driver rules, none of the other questions really needed responses. I appreciate the clarifications though. 🙂

I was thinking of using the Green war paint on the Tank, pretty much all the time.  It allows Morale Bonuses to remain for 2 extra rounds.  Aid Another is a Morale bonus.  I think you see where I'm going with this.  If we're in the tank, and someone Aids Another (or uses some other Morale bonus), then that bonus would linger for 2 rounds after being given.  At least, that's how it seems to me.  If you agree, then consider that pretty much a given for what war paint is on the tank.

I was thinking of using said paint to repaint La Chancla on the main gun every day...a part of Doc's morning ritual.  😄

Also, apropos of nothing, I wanted to get your ruling on a couple things.

I decided to not go with Mobile Striker, I instead used that talent, and one other I dropped from Scout to get some Brute (Tank Only) talents.  One of the ones I took was Stampede, which lets you Charge (so long as you do a Bull Rush or Overrun, which is pretty much all the time based on the new rules), you dont draw AOO's on said Charge.  Plus, it makes it so that noone can avoid an Overrun unless the driver chooses to let them.  I know that you added a partial version of this to the new rules, but it only applies to creatures of size Large or smaller.  With Stampede, Doc can overrun pretty much everyone, or try to. 😈

I also added Focused Might, which lets you regain MF on a successful Shove.  Seemed like a good idea, since Doc will probably be expending his Martial Focus a lot to keep Moving Target and/or Hammer going. And that way, it also keeps the Crew MF free for someone else to use, since Doc can regain his MF simply by doing his thing.

Finally, I took Giant's Physique (and swapped out a feat for Extend Stance), which lets the Tank count as Colossal (technically Colossal+, but after Colossal you just get a bonus to CMB/CMD) for all it's maneuvers (and gives him a CMB/CMD bonus in general, which is always nice). That way, when we inevitably run up against a kaiju...because you know you're going to throw one at us :D...he'll still be able to Bull Rush them, unless they're Colossal++, I suppose.  🙂

Anyway, reason for rattling all that off is to make sure that it's all kosher with you before I finalize my sheet.  Doc's basically ready, other than approval for those three talents.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot one.  He's also got Mobile Focus from Barrage, which lets you regain your MF when you move no more than half your speed in a round.  I took that as normal, since Doc needs a reliable way to regain MF for himself as well (turns out that several of his class features require MF to really work well 😛).  Anyway, would I be able to use that to regain the tank's MF as well?

Arklytte

Arklytte

14 hours ago, Paxon said:

Also, apropos of nothing, I wanted to get your ruling on a couple things.

I decided to not go with Mobile Striker, I instead used that talent, and one other I dropped from Scout to get some Brute (Tank Only) talents.  One of the ones I took was Stampede, which lets you Charge (so long as you do a Bull Rush or Overrun, which is pretty much all the time based on the new rules), you dont draw AOO's on said Charge.  Plus, it makes it so that noone can avoid an Overrun unless the driver chooses to let them.  I know that you added a partial version of this to the new rules, but it only applies to creatures of size Large or smaller.  With Stampede, Doc can overrun pretty much everyone, or try to. 😈

Finally, I took Giant's Physique (and swapped out a feat for Extend Stance), which lets the Tank count as Colossal (technically Colossal+, but after Colossal you just get a bonus to CMB/CMD) for all it's maneuvers (and gives him a CMB/CMD bonus in general, which is always nice). That way, when we inevitably run up against a kaiju...because you know you're going to throw one at us :D...he'll still be able to Bull Rush them, unless they're Colossal++, I suppose.  🙂

Arklytte

Arklytte

14 hours ago, Paxon said:

Since you made those changes to the Driver rules, none of the other questions really needed responses. I appreciate the clarifications though.  🙂 I decided to not go with Mobile Striker, I instead used that talent, and one other I dropped from Scout to get some Brute (Tank Only) talents.  One of the ones I took was Stampede, which lets you Charge (so long as you do a Bull Rush or Overrun, which is pretty much all the time based on the new rules), you dont draw AOO's on said Charge.  Plus, it makes it so that noone can avoid an Overrun unless the driver chooses to let them.  I know that you added a partial version of this to the new rules, but it only applies to creatures of size Large or smaller.  With Stampede, Doc can overrun pretty much everyone, or try to. 😈