Edit History

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Within the shaft, sounds were nursed and stretched so that each breath could be counted and the outside wind heard long after all light had gone. Dust stuck to his lips. He did not know the true shape of goblins, and so in the shadows he saw shifting horrors and the wispy legs of tunnel spiders, like in stories told to hobbit children. 

“What else dwells in caves?” He whispered to Dahr-Ol and Barin. “Besides goblins?”

Cecil shrunk at the sight of the cloaked figure, but he could see Barin was not afraid. As the grey dwarf lit his torch, he marveled at the thought that this dwarf was working just as well without a torch (a testament to dwarven senses).  

He let Barin speak. Unlike the flow of Elvish, Dwarven speech was coarse and sharp. Usually he did not like to hear it, but the tunnel softened its edges. 

“I am Cecil, and these are my companions, Barin Greycloak and Dahr-Ol. Our help is given freely. We are friends of Mountain Hall.” He removed his hood. 

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Within the shaft, sounds were nursed and stretched so that each breath could be counted and the outside wind heard long after all light had gone. Dust stuck to his lips. He did not know the true shape of goblins, and so in the shadows he saw shifting horrors and the wispy legs of tunnel spiders, like in stories told to hobbit children. 

“What else dwells in caves?” He whispered to Dahr-Ol and Barin. “Besides goblins?”

Cecil shrunk at the sight of the cloaked figure, but he could see Barin was not afraid. As the grey dwarf lit his torch, he marveled at the thought that this dwarf was working just as well without a torch (a testament to dwarven senses).  

He let Barin speak. Unlike the flow of Elvish, Dwarven speech was coarse and sharp. Usually he did not like to hear it, but the tunnel softened it splendidly. 

“I am Cecil, and these are my companions, Barin Greycloak and Dahr-Ol. Our help is given freely. We are friends of Mountain Hall.” He removed his hood. 

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Within the shaft, sounds were nursed and stretched so that each breath could be counted and the outside wind heard long after all light had faded. Dust stuck to his lips. He did not know the true shape of goblins, and so in the shadows he saw shifting horrors and the wispy legs of tunnel spiders, like in stories told to hobbit children. 

He let Barin speak. Unlike the flowing tongue of the Elves, Dwarven speech was coarse and sharp. Usually he did not like to hear it, but the tunnel softened it splendidly. 

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Within the shaft, sounds were nursed and stretched so that each breath could be counted and the outside wind heard long after all light had faded. Dust stuck to his lips. He did not know the true shape of goblins, and so in the shadows he saw shifting horrors and the wispy legs of tunnel spiders, like in stories told to hobbit children. 

Cecil shrunk at the sight of the cloaked figure, but he could see Barin was not afraid. And as the grey dwarf lit his torch, he marveled at the thought that this dwarf was working just as well without a torch (a testament to dwarven senses).  

He let Barin speak. Unlike the flowing tongue of the Elves, Dwarven speech was coarse and sharp. Usually he did not like to hear it, but the tunnel softened it splendidly.