Edit History

PixCO

PixCO

Crossbow Expert!

32 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

I'd be happy to have PixCo join. A paladin, ranger and druid sounds like a fun party. Although we haven't heard from Blackfinch in a week, so it might just be the two of us.

Thank you. Hopefully Blackfinch will be back soon. I've been thinking about your "You will need to help with the dragon" comment. From The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide:

"As a member of an adventuring party, you might find it more difficult to pursue a personal agenda that doesn't fit with the group's objectives – but on the other hand, you can take down much more formidable targets with the help of your companions."

Being told "Help us with the dragon or next time just stay home" sounds like a conflict that was deliberately built into Urban Bounty Hunters. Meaning I just accidentally experienced an in-character exchange before Yopine's even finished. Very intuitive, and it feels like a legit 5e feature that character creation is this natural. Nice.

Yonpine's ranged combat -- are you still backing bows? I haven't gone through the equipment stuff yet, but if 5e still scales damage with size, then she might be better off taking Thrown Weapons and whipping various potions, glues, or other utility weapons rather than d4 damage. It's hard to make a good call without knowing how it plays out in practice.

EDIT: Wait, I think I know this one. Archery Fighting Style with Crossbow Expert? Having a clockmaking father who was forced to support your murderous career choice by your mother could have some nice bonuses there.

PixCO

PixCO

7 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

I'd be happy to have PixCo join. A paladin, ranger and druid sounds like a fun party. Although we haven't heard from Blackfinch in a week, so it might just be the two of us.

Thank you. Hopefully Blackfinch will be back soon. I've been thinking about your "You will need to help with the dragon" comment. From The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide:

"As a member of an adventuring party, you might find it more difficult to pursue a personal agenda that doesn't fit with the group's objectives – but on the other hand, you can take down much more formidable targets with the help of your companions."

Being told "Help us with the dragon or next time just stay home" sounds like a conflict that was deliberately built into Urban Bounty Hunters. Meaning I just accidentally experienced an in-character exchange before Yopine's even finished. Very intuitive, and it feels like a legit 5e feature that character creation is this natural. Nice.

Yonpine's ranged combat -- are you still backing bows? I haven't gone through the equipment stuff yet, but if 5e still scales damage with size, then she might be better off taking Thrown Weapons and whipping various potions, glues, or other utility weapons rather than d4 damage. It's hard to make a good call without knowing how it plays out in practice.