Edit History

moarhair

moarhair

added color to dialogue

image.jpeg.ddbae88834486a85645de66c9d57c09c.jpegT'Mirras had been surprised when the Captain had so readily agreed to let the newly-minted Ensigns take on the away mission by themselves, but she wasn't going to be the one to give him a reason to reconsider. As she stands with the others, getting ready to board the Runabout, she can't help but feel a touch of trepidation. This would be her first away mission as an officer, and her first since the one that had cost her her arm as cadet. Reflexively, she closes her artificial hand into a fist.

The young Vulcan glances at her colleagues. Two other Vulcans (she groaned internally), a human, an Orion, and a Grazerite. She hadn't had much time to get to know them. They hadn't been classmates, as her graduation had been delayed due to her injury. Throughout most of her time at the Academy, they would have been a year behind her. She also hadn't seized the opportunity to socialize with them on the Firefly, seeing as they were all heading, ultimately, to different destinations.

The first hurdle was deciding who would sit in the shuttle's cockpit. The whole away team was all of equal rank, so there was no chain of command to make things easy. Well, unless someone stepped up.

"Let's start by sharing our names and departmental assignments. I will go first: I am Ensign T'Mirras, Security. If we have a conn officer and an operations officer among us, then determining the shuttle's command crew will be trivial. If not, then I can take the conn. I am a capable pilot."

moarhair

moarhair

image.jpeg.ddbae88834486a85645de66c9d57c09c.jpegT'Mirras had been surprised when the Captain had so readily agreed to let the newly-minted Ensigns take on the away mission by themselves, but she wasn't going to be the one to give him a reason to reconsider. As she stands with the others, getting ready to board the Runabout, she can't help but feel a touch of trepidation. This would be her first away mission as an officer, and her first since the one that had cost her her arm as cadet. Reflexively, she closes her artificial hand into a fist.

The young Vulcan glances at her colleagues. Two other Vulcans (she groaned internally), a human, an Orion, and a Grazerite. She hadn't had much time to get to know them. They hadn't been classmates, as her graduation had been delayed due to her injury. Throughout most of her time at the Academy, they would have been a year behind her. She also hadn't seized the opportunity to socialize with them on the Firefly, seeing as they were all heading, ultimately, to different destinations.

The first hurdle was deciding who would sit in the shuttle's cockpit. The whole away team was all of equal rank, so there was no chain of command to make things easy. Well, unless someone stepped up.

"Let's start by sharing our names and departmental assignments. I will go first: I am Ensign T'Mirras, Security. If we have a conn officer and an operations officer among us, then determining the shuttle's command crew will be trivial. If not, then I can take the conn. I am a capable pilot."

moarhair

moarhair