Edit History

PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin
Level 4 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 48/48 (4d10+8+8) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 18 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 16, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Nearing Kalaman

Merituuli is among the first to spot the walled city of Kalaman, mostly by merit of being awake and abovedeck. Impressive. Not as impressive as Dimernost, obviously, but still a respectable city. His sharp eyes pick up the many evacuee boats from Vogler, as well as the evacuees themselves, being held outside the city proper. Frowning, he lets out a sharp whistle, waking Kalasääski from their sleeping perch atop the mast. The osprey perches upon his shoulder, looking towards him expectantly. "Could you fly ahead to the shore and take a look? Seems like the people from Vogler aren't getting in anytime soon. Any sign of danger, give a screech, right?" With the command given, Kalasääski takes to the skies and flies ahead of the boat.

On the Shores

The sailboat berthed in shallow waters, Merituuli waves off the offered dinghy, instead stating, "Oh, no need for me. Take someone else, please," and diving into the water, swimming ashore. Stepping onto the shoreline, he whistles to Kalasääski, who once more perches on the sea elf's shoulder.

Overhearing the conversation between Mery, Artanis, and Mayor Raven, Merituuli chimes in with, "Mayor Raven, you have every reason not to trust Ser Michelle given what happened, but a number of us had that vision last night - including her. All of her men were brutalized and murdered by the very army she served, just due to their association to her. The Red Dragon Army has deemed her a traitor for simply following knightly protocol. Trust me, if not her - she has no love for those monsters."

Refugees

Looking along the river for any more boats that may have been lagging behind, Merituuli spots a small sailboat piloted by a smattering of young ones - the oldest couldn't be older than 12, based on how he understood human maturation to work. Looking to Kalasääski, he nods his head towards the boat and says, "Perch on the bow and get their attention. I'll be right behind you." The osprey flies ahead, perching upon the small boat and catching the younglings' attention before Merituuli's head pops up from the waters beside the boat. "Looks like you need some help. Mind if I come aboard and join my friend there?"

What initially appears to be an easy task ends up vexing the sea elf - the sail is stuck in place, not budging an inch, and the wind is catching it in such a way as to bring the boat further and further away from shore. He thinks for but a moment before looking to the children and saying, "Bad news - sail is stuck and I can't get it the right way. Good news - I'm a great swimmer, so if you all are willing you can hitch a ride on my back and I can get you to shore one-by-one."

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+4 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +6 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Bonus Actions:

Primal Companion: Take Action. As a bonus action on your turn you command your Primal Companion to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. You can also sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to take the Attack action. If you are incapacitated, the beast can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 3/3 1st Level Spells

PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 48/48 (4d10+8+8) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 18 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 16, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 18 (+4) | Cha: 8 (-1)

Nearing Kalaman

Merituuli is among the first to spot the walled city of Kalaman, mostly by merit of being awake and abovedeck. Impressive. Not as impressive as Dimernost, obviously, but still a respectable city. His sharp eyes pick up the many evacuee boats from Vogler, as well as the evacuees themselves, being held outside the city proper. Frowning, he lets out a sharp whistle, waking Kalasääski from their sleeping perch atop the mast. The osprey perches upon his shoulder, looking towards him expectantly. "Could you fly ahead to the shore and take a look? Seems like the people from Vogler aren't getting in anytime soon. Any sign of danger, give a screech, right?" With the command given, Kalasääski takes to the skies and flies ahead of the boat.

On the Shores

The sailboat berthed in shallow waters, Merituuli waves off the offered dinghy, instead stating, "Oh, no need for me. Take someone else, please," and diving into the water, swimming ashore. Stepping onto the shoreline, he whistles to Kalasääski, who once more perches on the sea elf's shoulder.

Overhearing the conversation between Mery, Artanis, and Mayor Raven, Merituuli chimes in with, "Mayor Raven, you have every reason not to trust Ser Michelle given what happened, but a number of us had that vision last night - including her. All of her men were brutalized and murdered by the very army she served, just due to their association to her. The Red Dragon Army has deemed her a traitor for simply following knightly protocol. Trust me, if not her - she has no love for those monsters."

Refugees

Looking along the river for any more boats that may have been lagging behind, Merituuli spots a small sailboat piloted by a smattering of young ones - the oldest couldn't be older than 12, based on how he understood human maturation to work. Looking to Kalasääski, he nods his head towards the boat and says, "Perch on the bow and get their attention. I'll be right behind you." The osprey flies ahead, perching upon the small boat and catching the younglings' attention before Merituuli's head pops up from the waters beside the boat. "Looks like you need some help. Mind if I come aboard and join my friend there?"

What initially appears to be an easy task ends up vexing the sea elf - the sail is stuck in place, not budging an inch, and the wind is catching it in such a way as to bring the boat further and further away from shore. He thinks for but a moment before looking to the children and saying, "Bad news - sail is stuck and I can't get it the right way. Good news - I'm a great swimmer, so if you all are willing you can hitch a ride on my back and I can get you to shore one-by-one."

OOC

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Bonus Actions:

Primal Companion: Take Action. As a bonus action on your turn you command your Primal Companion to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. You can also sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to take the Attack action. If you are incapacitated, the beast can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 3/3 1st Level Spells

PhoenixSlayer

PhoenixSlayer

Nearing Kalaman

On the Shores

Refugees

OOC

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Other:

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 3/3 1st Level Spells